hello says dustom_99 India now has its own TDI motorcycle .

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

dustom_99
Been here a while now..

hello says dustom_99 India now has its own TDI motorcycle .

Post by dustom_99 »

Hello everyone. DST here from india. I am a motorcycle lover ,mechanical engineer and DIY kinda guy.
Have designed and build several bikes only as a kill time option and not for selling. India has no system/ regulations to homologate or approve self build/ garage built vehicles hence custom motorcycle market is absolute zero. finding custom cycle parts is almost impossible, most of them needs to be imported which sends the cost skywards.
My latest motorcycle runs on 1500cc Hyundai U series motor which was taken from Hyundai Verna 2008model ,mounted cylinder bank along the length of motorcycle , has almost all the goodies such as VGT, Intercooler,CRDI, CATCON , EGR etc.
It pumps out 110bhp in stock tune with earthquake like 240nm coming in as soon as 1700rmp. Even at 1400rpm torque gets above 170nm.
Motorcycle is shaft driven with totally maintainence free design, and runs on stock car gearbox of HYUNDAI VERNA 5+1 manual . No welded up differential here. differential has been thrown out from the GB and final reduction takes place at the rear wheel with reduction ratio of 1:2.8 ( using Honda Goldwing gl 1800 final drive along with ventilated disk and caliper).
Motorcycle is performing well ,i have already been across 100mph.
Videos can be seen on my you tube channel : http://www.YOUTUBE.com/dustom999.

If you guys have an questions , please shoot, i would be happy to answer.
DST
Last edited by dustom_99 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: hello says dustom_99 India now has its own TDI motorcycle .

Post by coachgeo »

Looks to be an awesome creation. Much congratulations for building it.

pics please. Love the vids butttttt.... they unfortunately not clear enough to really get a good view of things
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

coachgeo wrote:Looks to be an awesome creation. Much congratulations for building it.

pics please. Love the vids butttttt.... they unfortunately not clear enough to really get a good view of things
Welcome :D I'll echo Coachgeo, some still pictures would be good to see :D
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

Will post pic soon.thanks
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

old pic, few more updates have been done. shame that i had to move out of my hometown for a job . lot of finishing jobs still remains .
Attachments
little old pic, now it has a seat ,speedo and other titbits
little old pic, now it has a seat ,speedo and other titbits
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

some pics from a test run a last month
Attachments
DSCN2036.JPG
DSCN2026.JPG
silver fox
Been here a while now..

Post by silver fox »

Welcome and well done with the build. That is a beast of a bike :D
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

What are the market possibilities in europe if we come up with a rocket3 like sports cruiser / tourer with similar dimentions, slightly lesser weight , euro 4 emissions ,about 28kmpl within 15-18k USD.
Engine and gearbox would be from hyundai. 1.4l 90ps /220nm or 1.6l 130ps/270nm.any other inline 4 or inline 3 can also be used but it seems only hyundai/kia are willing to sell there engines. Optional auto or manual 6 speed gearbox.
Just a thought ! I am still looking for investors , hard to find in current state of economy.any suggestions are welcome.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

dustom_99 wrote:What are the market possibilities in europe if we come up with a rocket3 like sports cruiser / tourer with similar dimentions, slightly lesser weight , euro 4 emissions ,about 28kmpl within 15-18k USD....
Best answer you'll get with out talking to Erik directly is this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2263

PS- The Track is/was an in production diesel bike

Great topic to stand on its own. Guess in the "General" forum would be where it would best fit.
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

I sent him a pm asking his advice aboIut 3 days back.still no reply.
zarquon

Post by zarquon »

dustom_99 wrote:What are the market possibilities in europe if we come up with a rocket3 like sports cruiser / tourer with similar dimentions, slightly lesser weight , euro 4 emissions ,about 28kmpl within 15-18k USD.
What I have to say may not sound very friendly. Don't take it personally.

As long as the bike looks like shown on the pictures above there will be NO possibilities.
Even if it looks like a chromed shiny bike nobody can give you a realistic answer on this question.
Neander Motorcycle tried to place a 100hp Diesel-Cruiser, but this one was way overpriced and nobody knows whether they sold any at all.
If you take this serious there is much more to do then writing emails from a yahoo-Account.

You pointed out that it's hard to find investors. You could think aboud "crowdfunding".

And I can tell you what worked out for others. Build a demonstrator bike and show it around. If the folks like it, you gonna get asked "Could you build me a bike like this". If nobody asks you, there is no market - It's that simple.
dustom_99
Been here a while now..

Post by dustom_99 »

It sounds like an honest one.thats what I am here for.
Neway whatever money has been spent on this bike has gone into gearbox and nothing else
No, bike would not look like the one in the pic. That pic can only give you some idea of wheelbase and seat height. Its build to test the drive train , I frequently need to open up the gearbox /drive shaft so dint bother to make the other bit just yet.