klondikekid Treg

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

klondikekid
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: klondikekid Treg

Post by klondikekid »

$_12.JPG
Trans is working good now, it was kind of frustrating that it kept jumping out of gear on the maiden voyage, just after you left I pulled it out and tore it down, turns out when I rebuilt it earlier I put the 1st 2nd gear slider in backwards, the pic doesn't show it but the teeth are beveled in one direction, so if you let the throttle off it jumps out of gear, I just picked the bike up in Victoria today from a ICBC claim centre, they had a guy over from ICBC in Vancouver to do a visual for the paper work, next step now is wait for a call from the bike shop that is going to be doing the inspection and installing the VIN tag, once they get it from ICBC. The Royal Enfield was just a matter of replacing the leaky float and mastering the start procedure. I just added pics as usual? Bell intercoolers was a nice place to shop, their web site is easy to use, pick your core size, then tank ends, inlet / outlet sizes, they send you a blueprint before you commit, the exchange and shipping sucked though. Any time your out this way again make to let me know and this time I'll take the ride up Island. Cheers.
Attachments
tumblr_n3l6qdXtll1s4rdwyo1_500.jpg
DSC01755.JPG
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

That's really good news. I hope your intercooler takes the heat out, bell looks great. They seem too have alot of information on building coolers and sizing etc. Now you be able to get a few miles on the ole girl. I will definitely let you know if I come down, I would like to have a longer visit and see this awsome beast of a machine again.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

Took the bike into a icbc approved motorcycle shop for the inspection and VIN # installation, just when you think you have all the bases covered...nope, got failed because I didn't have a blue indicator light for the high beam and a green indicator light for neutral, other than that everything else passed, So why wouldn't they ask for a indicator light for signals too ? I even asked the inspector before I brought the bike in "what am I going to miss ?" he says mirror? chainguard? I say yes yes, well sounds like you should be good. even on line they don't have a checklist that you can go over before you waste your day going across town to have you inspection fail for idiot lights. well one hour to install 2 led lights and another day to take the bike back thru inspection. they also tell me that it's going to be registered as a 1961 Harley even though it's a U-built bike, so now it's a 61 Harley "altered" So I'll have a 1961 diesel Harley cool.
Attachments
480779_262899493823114_217661295_n.jpg
tumblr_od77zeixMT1sgr76qo1_500.jpg
Tetronator

Post by Tetronator »

Could be worse, congrats on getting it registered.
"...the fearless Dutchman..." -Stuart
"...the mad Dutchman..." -Diesel Dave

Honda VT600 C Shadow
H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶F̶2̶
Mercedes-Benz W123 300D Sedan
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

Hey the home stretch is in sight, that's awesome its still a Harley. do you get a little time off between Christmas a new years, so you can finish it up? cant wait to go riding with you again. we'll have to ride up to kenco motorcycles in sooke, two diesels will blow their minds. plus its a nice ride through to port Renfrew and cowichan lake. sweet. have a great Christmas and new year, I might be able to find enough time then to post some of my pictures, might try youtube and put some of my video on too.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

I arranged with phoenix cycle in Langford to get the bike back in tomorrow (fri) to reinspect and attach new VIN tag, as I have already put the indacator lights in, just a couple LED lights in the back of the headlight bucket, then on the way home while the bike is still in the trailer I can stop at my insurance broker and get my registration and insurance, they need to visually see the VIN tag on the bike to get the bike registered, then I'll finally be home free. All the guys at the shop were blown away seeing a diesel harley. I'll do a video of the bike soon as well. Renfrew ride would be good, look forward to it. Take care and have a good Christmas.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

YES..I finally got my VIN tag and registration, it's registered as as a 1961 Harley altered diesel, at least now I can insure it, it's just too bad it's the middle of winter here and the surgeon wants to see me now in 2 weeks to take a chunk of my polyp riddled colon out..crap. I'll be ready for spring riding for sure though. Stay tuned, videos coming.
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

congratulations on getting it legal. hopefully you'll be up and riding in no time. I managed to post a couple of videos to you tube I will try and link them here. now I kinda know how too, I have a few more to post.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq_DDDj-zWQhttps
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

weird I couldn't post two links at the same time, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G36cm8mMMHg&t=549sld be the second one.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Something not working right with second video. Comes up with a permission screen to view it. Never seen that before

update
hmmm.. after loggging on to this site it worked.. not sure what difference was. Post with first vid link worked when not logged on to this site. strange. Anyway.... congrats.
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

sorry I should be posting my stuff on my thread.oops.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

Great videos BoxerOtto, when I saw your helmet camera setup last summer I was thinking I'll have to set up something like that myself for a video, then I'll have to learn to download it etc. or ask the wife nicely and get her to do it. I'll see if I can find and post some pics I took when you were out last summer. Sure is nice in your neck of the woods.
Attachments
5.JPG
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

I wish that was my neck of the woods. It's near Vernon in the Okanogan. The short video was in Ladysmith on the island.I need to stop bobbing my head around so much, there was no good place on the bike to mount the camera, too many vibes. I will post some video from your place but it needs some editing , so it could be a while. Gotta figure that stuff out. Its nice having some record of the rides I go on. Something to watch while its snowing outside.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

DSC01808.JPG
DSC01802.JPG
DSC01803.JPG
Did some tank work, added a Mooneyes aluminum gas cap, had to put in a threaded bung for it and seal up the other cap, also added the viable fuel guage, and a fancy brass fuel tap. and changed the intake hose along side the tank, the old silicone turo hose flattened as it curved along the tank...drove me nuts to see that.
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

That is pure art!!!! Keep us updated.
Ron
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

looking great. have you had a chance to take it out? I hope you're doing well.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

Now that I'm pretty much healed up from surgery, and back to work, and got the bike papered, I'm just days away from getting plates, the rain is going to give us a break any day now..so between the after hours small engine repair gig and rain I'd like to start riding to work and record fuel milage / performance etc. for anybody interested, oh and a video to inspire other stalled projects out there.
BoxerOtto

Post by BoxerOtto »

Our weather sucks all spring. I know your guy's isn't much better. Gord's keeping me posted on ladysmith rain. hope you've been able to try out the bike though.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

Weather here is crappy too, but I have been riding the bike around ironing out the bugs, only bugs so far is besides the seat and springs being hard as a rock, is the transmission head aches, keeps getting getting stuck up in 3rd and 4th, the trans is a harley 4spd rotary top/cowpie etc. 79-85, The shifter cam plate was wobbling arond so I had the top cover in for a bushing, seemed to shift fine on the bench, rode it around the block a few times and the shifting was working but not easily, had to jab it a couple times to get 1st to 2nd then it got hung up in 3-4 again, did some looking around and it seems the shifter cam plate that moves the shift forks is most likely worn out, must be a high wear part because it was near imposible to find a replacement, I got one though, but V-twin, jp cycle etc. didn't have it either, the part will be here next week, only takes me 20mins to pull the trans since i've had it out so many times. I will video too on the next ride and post it. Rain is good for mower/weedeater season though, so I can't compain too much.
Benton
I don't post much...

Post by Benton »

Dude that's a really nice bike you have there.
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

Harley Diesel  2018  - Jason S Photography-11 (1).jpg
Attachments
Harley Diesel  2018  - Jason S Photography-2.jpg
klondikekid

Post by klondikekid »

A buddy did some pictures for me