Electronic Diesel engine control blog

ECU's, Mapping, New Injection systems, etc

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Electronic Diesel engine control blog

Post by Stuart »

Thanks to Peter for sharing this with me. Not sure it's quite common rail but it's a step in that direction away from traditional Diesel engines.
http://blog.arduino.cc/2014/02/25/an-el ... #more-8970
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: Electronic Diesel engine control blog

Post by alexanderfoti »

I have seen this before, it looks really good, easy to do if the engine was previously controlled by some sort of ecu, bit more difficult with fully mechanical system like the yanclone
Mouse
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by Mouse »

I am putting my 1900 VW powered Dnepr back on the road using the TDI engine which has the VP37 fuel pump on it

I am currently helping Juho with the development of the pump head position feedback circuitry. Currently it can only use the much less common resistive head making his control system virtually useless for the engines available in the breakers. I hope to sort him out with being able to use the common inductive pickup shortly after the Big Knock.

It is a very interesting project which gives complete control of all the engine parameters.
Kubota Z482 which is plodding on with unnerving reliability. Three years so far.
1900 Diesel Bike being rebuilt with better clutch control.
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Post by alexanderfoti »

Wow that would be great.

I wonder if there are any eletrically powered unit injectors or injection pumps that we could use on the yanclones. Imagine variable injection timing, it would make these engines so much better around town.

Any thoughts on any engines that have these that arent common rail, and can be restricted down to one injector?