Hello from the Netherlands.

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Hello from the Netherlands.

Post by coachgeo »

Thanx for the link.... that thread has helped me better undestand the secondary clutch. don't have it fully figured out yet but getting there.

Have you spoke to CVTech about your slip issues? (it is a CVTech unit right?) You probably already know this; but they do sell different Helix's w/different ramp angles and springs etc. they might recomend something?

Have also read of those that have had their secondary's sheive machined in a maner that puts a little more squeeze on the belt and allows a little higher end ratio cause belt can climb higher. Posted a note with contact info about this in the CVT thread lately.

My appologies in advance if you've already stated that you've talked to CVtech and/or if above previously hit upon.
BertTrack

Post by BertTrack »

I have tried to adress the issue through CVtech. Unfortunatly seeming to only be able to communicate through google translator doesn't help much and they basically told me they can't help me because they don't know what the Track producer has done to it.

Unfortunatly increasing the secondary belt tension will lower the gear even more. And it's running very high in rpm's already. Changing the helix to get less downshift causes the tension to lessen and slip to occur. It's running on the edge no matter where i go.

So i'll look at the drive ratio in the rear wheel since i don't need it to be geared for 200km/hr when the cvt isn't able to transmit the power for that.
Rhynri

Post by Rhynri »

Sounds good. Seems like a pretty recent bike, sorry that it is giving you so many growing pains.
BertTrack

Post by BertTrack »

It works!

My RPM indicator now shows movement. I added 2 magnets for the pickup. So i get a better resolution on the rpm indicator.

Just have to divide the rpm by 2. Max scale is 16000 rpm aprox. So i considerd doing 4. I can always do that. We'll see.

But now i can finnaly get on with my search for the right gear ratio.
BertTrack

Post by BertTrack »