Trying out the new fuel tap

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Trying out the new fuel tap

Post by Stuart »

Well, I finally had enough of diesel leaking from my standard fuel tap and so bought one of the new ones from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Essco-Royal-En ... let-Spares

So far so good - and it has a reserve unlike the old on push/pull tap.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
sbrumby
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by sbrumby »

Apart from the reserve which is usefull & tank removal what is the need for a fuel tap? Are you turning it off when you stop?
Sam
bigpaws
I don't post much...

runaway diesel = bad news

Post by bigpaws »

fuel tap will allow you to shut down the engine if it decides it wants to run away. there's nothing worse than a broken governor or injection pump which won't allow your engine to stop. it's nice to have an alternative shutoff for the fuel.
Bigpaws
Sphere
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Trying out the new fuel tap

Post by Sphere »

Stu, was this fuel tap for a petrol model? Or, how did you handle the return feed for the diesel?
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Trying out the new fuel tap

Post by Stuart »

It was for the petrol model. I've long since sold the Hatz bike but there was a return on it. Never thought it was too well thought out on the Chanwood bikes though - always had trouble with leaks & air getting sucked into the system.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.