Starter Motor wiring for a 186D

Wiring, Switches, Alternators, Regulators, etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Starter Motor wiring for a 186D

Post by alexanderfoti »

Hi All

Currently adding a starter to my Chengfa and I cant figure out the wiring.

I have one battery post, and a Spade terminal on the starter solenoid.

Any ideas how to wire?
Dan J
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Starter Motor wiring for a 186D

Post by Dan J »

As per my previous post...

Battery post = high current wire straight from positive terminal of battery. I think from memory I used 8mm square cabling.

Spade connector = low current connection via a suitable, switchable source - suggest tap a line from your "ignition" system (e.g. one that is only on when the key is on - e.g. a feed to the horn or brake light switch), feed through a starter push switch and then to the solenoid.

Both earth through the metalwork and so you must have similar spec cable as went to the starter back to the battery negative from somewhere on the engine.
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: Starter Motor wiring for a 186D

Post by alexanderfoti »

Dan J wrote:As per my previous post...

Battery post = high current wire straight from positive terminal of battery. I think from memory I used 8mm square cabling.

Spade connector = low current connection via a suitable, switchable source - suggest tap a line from your "ignition" system (e.g. one that is only on when the key is on - e.g. a feed to the horn or brake light switch), feed through a starter push switch and then to the solenoid.

Both earth through the metalwork and so you must have similar spec cable as went to the starter back to the battery negative from somewhere on the engine.
ahh Thanks - I wasnt able to spot the wiring info in the previous post, thanks for your help :)