Inexpensive Intake

Doing stuff with air...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

pietenpol2002
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Inexpensive Intake

Post by pietenpol2002 »

To accompany my post regarding the Yanclone exhaust I'm including a pic of the intake I fabricated following a raid on the local Habitat ReStore. In the interest of dispensing with the "lawn mower/industrial" looking Yanclone air cleaner, I'm using a "proper" looking unit liberated from a deceased Kubota. The connections however, were compliments of the plumbing world. I fabricated a flange using simple hand tools to slide over the 1 1/2" chrome sink drain pipe. As seen in the pic, additional bends/configurations will be needed to connect to the Kubota unit but they're readily available for $.25 each, and the couplers are air tight. Thus, total cost to get from the engine to the air cleaner should come in under $1.00. Contrary to what some might say, I'd like to think of myself as resourceful as opposed to cheap.
Bike Build 7-24-09 025 Resized.jpg
Ron
Ron
balboa_71
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Inexpensive Intake

Post by balboa_71 »

Like your exhaust, your intake is pretty slick. I'm getting my old diesel bike back this weekend, and I think I'll upgrade the intake and exhaust using some that fixture stainless like you did.

Cris
1980 GS850 converted to 10hp diesel clone power.
2006 Jetta TDI for road work.
2007 Bonneville