elektric control for an 1,4tdi vw 3 zylinder engine

ECU's, Mapping, New Injection systems, etc

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Heiko
I luv the smell of Diesel...

elektric control for an 1,4tdi vw 3 zylinder engine

Post by Heiko »

hi guys
i plan to produce an control box for an 1,4tdi audi vw engine.
its an cheap engine wich has an good power for an bike. problem is the original control box with an lot of components wich disturb the easy running.
my box will be very simply. you fix engine in bike and conect box only to engine and connect acceleration rope and start engine.
my question is now if are people here , who are intrested in that box. has warranty.
because its very expensive to make it. one box will be sold than for around 1000-1500 euro.
so if its intrested for you tell me.
if i know her are some people ca 4-5, than i will start end off year that projekt and when its read than i will tell you and you can buy it.
heiko
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Heiko,

Interesting possibility. I was considering doing the same thing myself for the Smart engine but had to buy the commercial solution due to time constraints. I was considering returning to the project to build an ECU at a later date so if you were interested we could perhaps share development effort? (I am thinking of a flexible ECU to control more than one type of engine)

Is your box a modification to the original ECU or a completely new ECU? I have contacts for someone to remove immobilier etc from the original Bosch ECU so that it should be able to be used on its own (without connecting to instrument cluster, traction control etc) if you or anyone else is interested. (they could not do the smart ECU unfortunately).

Neil
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hello Heiko,

I suspect it would be easier and cheaper to use the original ECU.

The control from these ECUs is very sophisticated allowing a wide range of adjustments.

The tools which allow the original ECU files to be modified are not excessively expensive.

I modify VW group Tdi ECUs to optimise engines to run on vegetable oil.
Enfield Bullet with Hatz IB30
See my sites for veg oil fuel info
www.vegburner.co.uk
www.wiki.obed.org.uk - Open Biofuel Engine Development wiki
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Hey,

Interesting. As far as tools go are we talking about VAG-COM? EGR & MAF delete etc would be best on a bike application. However, the immo would also need to be removed to ensure it runs without needing to talk to the dash, key, ABS etc and I don't think VAG-COM can do that. What other tools are out there?

N
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Darren

Post by Darren »

VAG-COM is very limited. Some engine parameters can be altered on rotary pumped Tdis but I don't think any can be changed on the pumpe duse engines.

I wrote up a bit at OBED - see http://wiki.obed.org.uk/index.php?title ... ction_pump
Enfield Bullet with Hatz IB30
See my sites for veg oil fuel info
www.vegburner.co.uk
www.wiki.obed.org.uk - Open Biofuel Engine Development wiki
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Hey, I ran across your info before. All good stuff. I had a look at a Smart CDI dump file using WinOLS to see if I could find the injector maps etc but was unsuccessful. I perhaps would need to spend some more time learning the techniques admitedly.

n
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Heiko

Post by Heiko »

i put now all on ice because was to less people who realy wanted and if i will do that i take than the 1,2 alu engine off vw.
but not now.
heiko