kipor diesel engines (feedback please)

Engine's, injection, valve's, timing, crank's etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

stonemonkey
Been here a while now..

kipor diesel engines (feedback please)

Post by stonemonkey »

I know there are a few bikes out there with kipor engines. How do they compare to hatz and the punsun?

Im a little doubtful of some of the figures the kd2v86f produces 16hp @ 3600 rpm but only has a dry weight of 65 kg and is roughly the same size as the hatz id81 and id90.

If they prove to be reliable, they might just be a better bet.

http://www.kipor.com/prouducts_detail3.asp?info_id=548
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Hi and welcome to the forum :D I don't know much about the Kipor engines other than what I've posted in the past. Some guys in the know in Hamm favoured them over the Punsun saying they doubted (rightly so it would seem) the Punsun design. I have a manual for one engine I'll try and dig out. Kipors are Honda copys I'm told.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
roverthetop
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by roverthetop »

i would love to source a kipor in the states to test run, but i'm not convinced the punsun is such a bad lot. as inexpensive as it is, its bound to have some flaws. if we know what they are, we might be able to better prevent disaster. the kwaker i built over a year ago is still running strong. IMHO the quality assurance is their biggest setback. seems none run or operate identically. of the last shipment of 3 i received, i have one that is now a stationary genset as the throttle revving made it rock, shake and almost spin wildly. at 3200 rpm it's smooth. no bike for it i'm afraid. the other 2 are fine. just need more time to finish the projects. time will tell. just my .0124430 GBP
dnepr lombardini 854cc convert
kwaker punsun vtwin convert (SVO as well)
harley sporty (cvt and SVO) done
harley softail (SVO) 6 spd in the works