Hydrogen bikes

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Hydrogen bikes

Post by Stuart »

I see this hydrogen bike has been in the news again recently. I guess we should follow these things seeing as it's another alternative method of powering a motorcycle.
Do we think it's on the level is the question?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... litre.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
gilburton
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Hydrogen bikes

Post by gilburton »

There are still some kits being advertised on ebay. They usually consist of a couple of glass jars and electrodes.
The theory is they aid combustion so increasing mpg.
Usually they become popular when there is a problem with OPEC or the price of fuel starts shooting up.
I'm sure if there was any merit in these devices they would have been adopted long ago.
That's not to say hydrogen doesn't work it's just that these home made devices don't produce enough to make much difference not to mention the possible explosion in a crash.
Do a search for hydrogen generator on ebay and youtube.
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

Can't tell by the article if this fellow is running pure hydrogen..... or HHO (Brown Gas) as a fuel supplement to his petrol engine.

Do not think there is much of an explosion with these HHO kits.

1... it is HHO and not pure Hydrogen so that drops Explosiveness some if am not mistaken...... not hugely..... but some???? But don't quote me on that . Check for yourself
2... A proper system produces very little buffer/storage of the brown gas.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I heard long ago that if you get the frequency of the electric just right then the hydrogen is produced at a far more efficient rate. But that was ages ago and it would be everywhere if there was any merit in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.