Mouse's New Build

On-going, finished, abandoned builds & questions galore..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

pietenpol2002
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Mouse's New Build

Post by pietenpol2002 »

Shame I couldn't make the trip myself as I was in the shed making my next diesel bike.
I noticed this quote from Mouse regarding the Hamm event on the Facebook page. Russell, are you holding out on us. Your blow-by-blow accounts of past builds here on the forum have been so wonderful to follow. Anything you can share with us?
Ron
Tetronator

Re: Mouse's New Build

Post by Tetronator »

:shock: :!:
"...the fearless Dutchman..." -Stuart
"...the mad Dutchman..." -Diesel Dave

Honda VT600 C Shadow
H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶F̶2̶
Mercedes-Benz W123 300D Sedan
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi There.

Sorry for keeping this one in the dark a bit. I've been wanting to start this project ever since the 1900cc siezed up and spat a con rod out of the side of the engine which was probably 4(5?) years ago and I really really didn't want to turn into one of those blokes that sits in the pub getting older and older whilst telling the same tale about the show winning chopper he is allegedly making in the shed....I'm sure we've all met one. Not wanting to make a deal of it I've had a few years of relationship difficulties and health issues which were so bad at one point I thought I'd have to give up riding altogether and loose the ability to work for a living. This has meant that what project work I've done has been sporadic at best and on permanent hold at worst. However all these things are mostly behind me now and I'm cracking on with it and getting back into the flow of metal wrangling again.

By far the biggest thing I did for the project was buy a BH600 Lathe just over a year ago so I could make the parts needed for the engine couplings etc.

This involved getting it down a flight of ricketey steps to the shed as I have no rear access to the garden.

I must say that other than a large slice of damned bad luck I have little regrets in my overall life decisions but if I was keeping a list one of them would be not going teetotal and eating beans on toast for months on end so I could have bought a decent lathe when I was in my 20s!

Rest assured there are a bazilion photos been taken of what I have done so far on the project. All I need to do is get over the major engineering problems so I can see the end of the project and I'll start drip feeding you a photographic montage of metal wrangling .....

I'll tease you a bit by saying I got the intercooler mounted this weekend. 8)
Kubota Z482 which is plodding on with unnerving reliability. Three years so far.
1900 Diesel Bike being rebuilt with better clutch control.
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

-

Mouse, your taunts are killing us. And if memory serves, this must be your first dalliance with a turbo. At least on a bike. I do love the lathe.

BTW, have you considered an upgrade for Molly?

Molly's New Ride.jpg
Ron
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

pietenpol2002 wrote:upgrade for Molly?
I have recently acquired a Nose Cone...

...and an acrylic space bubble. :idea: :wink:
Kubota Z482 which is plodding on with unnerving reliability. Three years so far.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I cracked and started a build blog :idea: