Track fuel leak

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

SPKR
I don't post much...

Track fuel leak

Post by SPKR »

Anyone else have a problem with a leak from the fuel gauge plate on the Track? The assembly has 2 gaskets, one below and one above the plate with the fuel gauge. One of the gaskets on my tank was assembled with a slight twist in it and it didn't seat properly. Have tried to get replacement gaskets from Erik but have not been successful. Also fuel gauge doesn't work, always indicates full tank. With it so deep in tank its submerged most of the time until tank is neatly empty.

John
BertTrack
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Track fuel leak

Post by BertTrack »

Hi John,

I have no experience with that I think. I just had the main gasket of the fuel pump/level transmitter that was leaking because the bolts were too long. I put some rings under mine and added liquid silicone gasket and that leak was sealed.
Bert in Weesp
Been here a while now..

Re: Track fuel leak

Post by Bert in Weesp »

Nope, no problem in that corner for me.

Just for info, I had the same issue with the quantity indication ( dropping from full to empty between 230 and 330 km ) when I bought the bike but Erik managed to solve it within workable range.
Now my gauge starts dropping from 7 dashes to 6 after about 260 km, than sort of linear till last dash starts flashing at about 430 km and then still 100 and a little km to go.

I think sensitivity of the indicator is adjustable by applying a resistor in parallel or series with the sensor, not sure how Erik solved ( sort of ) the same problem on my bike, in the beginning mine .

For a gasket, I suggest to try if a Smart's gasket will fit, Erik doesn't design new if he does not have or wants to.

If you would like dash wiring- or user manual , just PM.

Bert van der Heide