Introduction of a Dutch / Vietnamese dieselhead

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Da-BRT
I don't post much...

Introduction of a Dutch / Vietnamese dieselhead

Post by Da-BRT »

Hello,

My name is Bert I’m from 1977 and grew up in the Netherlands in Europe. On all the forums around the world you can find me as Da-BRT. I studies automotive science in the Netherlands and have been working throughout the world. After working for a big OEM sunroof development company I went for 9 years into contracting. Which took me to a lot of different places and companies. I’ve been working at Mercedes factory in Germany, Ford development Germany, Citroën in France and Spain, Italdesign in Italy, MaxiCosi/Quinny in the Netherlands and China, John Deere in the Netherlands and America, B/E aerospace in the Netherlands and Philippines and Now I’m going to setup a new factory for a Dutch sheet metal company in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)

I’ve been building and working on VAG diesel engines since 2000 and since 2002 we have a pump test bench (from 1987). Went to a course by Bosch and had afterwards the complete test bench revised by Bosch. Because the lack of information about pumps I learned everything by doing.

In 2001 I got the name Smoketail Supplies registered and working since then on this. You can find me on http://www.smoketail-supplies.eu. (only picture site with some projects) Image

I don’t do anything with electrical diesels, but purely the mechanical ones. My speciality is building mechanical pumps for TDI engines. From 4 cylinder to 5 cylinder and 6 cylinder TDI engines. Also some Peugeot, MWM, BMW, Volvo, Ford pumps I prepared. A lot of the pumps are shipped through Europe and some go to the USA or Canada.

Audi 100LS 1977 with 2.5 mTDI R5 and A6 driveline

VW Beetle 1963 with 2.5 V6 mTDI mid engine

Suzuki Samurai 1.9 mTDI

VW Polo 1998 1.9 mTDI (178hp and 428Nm at 918kg)

VW Jetta 1865 1.9 mTDI

VW Beetle 1979 1,9 mTDI for endurance cross

Because it’s hardly impossible to drive a car in Ho Chi Minh city and I like driving motorcycle I’m thinking about building a diesel bike for daily commuting.

Does anyone know if there are diesel enthusiast in Vietnam?

Regards,

Bert
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Introduction of a Dutch / Vietnamese dieselhead

Post by coachgeo »

Welcome Da-Brt. Glad to see you made it over from 4BT forum. That's a great site.... just a little more specific motorcycle knowledge here then there.
UAofE

Post by UAofE »

coachgeo wrote:4BT forum. That's a great site.
Except for the arrogant people in charge of it.
2006 Honda Rebel
Kubota OC95, Comet 44C/44D
Da-BRT
I don't post much...

Post by Da-BRT »

Hello UAofE, I'm not familiar with the 4BT forum.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Da-BRT wrote:Hello UAofE, I'm not familiar with the 4BT forum.
My Bad. I thought I'd seen you post up about diesel bikes at the 4BT forum. Not much activity there