Hello, new.

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

omegahound
I don't post much...

Hello, new.

Post by omegahound »

Currently ride an 84 Honda XR200R with a 186f clone diesel engine, polaris cvt, and misc bare bone parts.

planning to increase speed from 58 downhill to 80mph if possible, even if I have to upgrade to a Winsun 2 cylinder with a kp35 turbo which is going to go somewhere, maybe on a Suzuki GS frame if not this one.
BertTrack
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Hello, new.

Post by BertTrack »

Hello and welcome.

Be sure to take your time and read up about those 2 cilinder V engines. I haven't seen any last for long. (many km's)
Tetronator

Post by Tetronator »

Welcome!

I agree with Bert, those engines are notoriously unreliable. I've even heard of them splitting their crankcases or crankshafts in two.
It's why I went with a Kubota for my build, even tough it's more expensive and harder to make fit.
"...the fearless Dutchman..." -Stuart
"...the mad Dutchman..." -Diesel Dave

Honda VT600 C Shadow
H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶F̶2̶
Mercedes-Benz W123 300D Sedan
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

catch 22..... if I recall right most of the bad history of those engines is...... history that's in the past and the old issues of broke cranks etc is not so much an issue any more. But..... that's my "recall". Follow Bert's advice and read up on this yourself. Still though a Kubota water cool would be better. Even a Kubota air cool maybe?
omegahound
I don't post much...

Post by omegahound »

Well, too late. Have a 2cyl Winsun that's a lady in waiting. Currently just learning about everything on the 186f, or partially anyway. got a vw passat intercooler for size and cheapness as well as a jaguar smog pump. Planning to add channel no 5 alchohol to the special looking thing on the smog pump tube. Seriously, I suppose, I need to tune the 186f badly, only hitting 53 normally and with smoke constantly. Maybe it's begging for boost. Well, this is my cheap layman's boost. Shake your heads and I'll try to get video at night of all the fireworks. Anyway, I've heard that a few years ago is when a problem with guts were fixed in Punsun. We'll see I guess, then I'll go back to dreaming about a smart4two engine.