New Member for USA

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

SPKR
I don't post much...

New Member for USA

Post by SPKR »

Hello everyone, I've been meaning to join for a few years. Always have been a diesel fanatic. My family autos: VW Jetta tdi and a Jeep Cherokee Eco Diesel.
We have just completed our build of a "Kawabota" with a turbocharged Kubota D902 3 cylinder motor, fitted into a modified KLR 650 frame. For added entertainment, a mechanical AWD front end developed by Steve Christini (http://www.christini.com) was also build on. A beast a tad on the heavy side but 100 mpg and a top end around 75-80 mph.
Story of the build here: http://tinyurl.com/qxwnwlo

John
WrickM
Been here a while now..

Re: New Member for USA

Post by WrickM »

Sweet bike, Man! Very well done.
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

Welcome John.

Heavy beastie indeed - even before the AWD was added I'll bet although it must be useful on the loose stuff?

I wouldn't dare take my Tiger off-road given it's weight - once it's on it's side it would be staying there for good :D We have had a number of members completing some very long distance stuff on unmade roads; Reinhards trip across Russia kind of sticks in my memory given the mud quagmire that the roads become in winter.
BertTrack
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by BertTrack »

Very nice looking bike and nice spec. Can't wait to see it on moving pictures. :)
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

Horrible bike, Horrible build. It's bound to throw you so often you'll begin to hate adventure riding. don't subject yourself to that downward spiral path. I work cheap so to avoid that spiral you can pay with a beer or two too haul that mut away for you. I'll find a poor sucker (who for some reason shares my very name) to take all the punishment instead. :mrgreen:
SPKR
I don't post much...

Post by SPKR »

I've got a Track 800cdi also, once the Kawabota is broken in, I'll report on a 400 m sprint.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I'll share these over from the Facebook discussion on the bike.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442617784.958788.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442617765.944719.jpg
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
jackfrank
I'm pretty new here..

Post by jackfrank »

Hello, I am Jack Frank from the USA. I am a newbie here and haapy to be a part of this forum. I love this forum so much and also your bike. It's looking so sweet.
Thanks