winsun spares

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

vilguy
I don't post much...

winsun spares

Post by vilguy »

Hey there,

Sorry to be a rude newbie and just ask questions :shock:

Would anyone be able to recommend a supplier of winsun spares in the UK? (is there one?)
I have a winsun 840cc in a quad that the previous owner decided to use as a road bike - riding it flat out everywhere (at its top speed of 40mph!) and basically its thrown a rod after 900 miles.

Im not complaining. I got a £6000 quad with just 900 miles on it for £350!!! :lol: but its been sat in my yard awaiting me to look at it for an age.
Im thinking it might be easier to just slap a new engine in it (perhaps the 910cc unit as dimensionally it appears to be the same?)

Any help would be greatfully recieved. We are moving to Bulgaria soon and so would like to get it sorted before we go as it will be dead handy.

Quite fancy swapping out my 1150gs engine for a diesel unit too - Something to have a play with after all and the winsun unit looks like it would fit rather nicely.
alexanderfoti
Site Admin

Re: winsun spares

Post by alexanderfoti »

There is a site called http://www.directequipmentsales.co.uk/ Their site is down at the moment, but if you can find some contact details they are pretty good.
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: winsun spares

Post by Stuart »

Don't throw too much money at it - these engines aren't too reliable
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.