Diesel KLR on USA Craigslist WI

Bike and Parts, For Sale, Wanted, and For Trade.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Diesel KLR on USA Craigslist WI

Post by coachgeo »

This one seems to have gone under radar too

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/mcy/4983718399.html
UAofE

Re: Diesel KLR on USA Craigslist WI

Post by UAofE »

Probably because of its price and being a hard tail.
2006 Honda Rebel
Kubota OC95, Comet 44C/44D
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

UAofE wrote:Probably because of its price and being a hard tail.
Ding ding ding....... Right answer...... WRONG AD :oops:

think you meant your above response to be for the below ad which is a Hard Tail. This ad is about a KLR Enduro

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3075
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

looks like it did not sell last summer..... so she's up on craigslist again.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/mcy/5639148806.html
craigslist wrote:This 1980 diesel KL250 motorcycle had the original 250cc gas engine/gearbox removed and a 400cc Diesel one cylinder four stroke engine installed

The way the drive is set up is with the use of a CV clutch (continuously variable) made by Comet. So there is no manual clutch, this one is fully automatic.

The sprockets are set up so the top speed is 55 mph. Fuel mileage is 75+ mixed city hwy. I drive it between eau claire and chippewa falls on business 53 to get the 75 mpg.
It uses regular street diesel fuel. You could get over 100 on a gallon if you install a wind deflector and put less knobby tires on but I don't like that look on this bike.

One pull will start it down to 40 degrees then you may need two or three to get it started
It also has an option to install an electric starter which I do have but the bike originally had only a kick starter.

I am asking $3500.00 cash. No reasonable offer refused. If you want to test ride it you will need a motorcycle endorsement and the cash- I don't have time for giving joy rides. Serious buyers only "thanks".

The title is clean/clear and reflects the Diesel engine it has.

Front tire is old but is ok, rear tire is newer with 98% tread left. Fuel tank is plastic and is from a 1980 Kawasaki ATV.

Front fender broke back in the 80's and has been bolted back together. I drove this bike to school back then. The bike has just over 5200 miles on it and the new diesel engine around 750 miles.

The original bike was 6volt and it is a 12volt system now. It has a 12 v charging system and a new SEALED battery as of 4-17-2015. The headlight is an LED as well as the rear tail light. The turn signals are the standard 12 v incandescent bulbs.

Seat is custom camo-colored leather

Text or call for questions. 715 4zero4 zero 546
Thanks
There is about 10 pics. it's the green olive drab tank