enfield exhaust system help

Doing stuff with air...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Mahesh
Been here a while now..

enfield exhaust system help

Post by Mahesh »

well my present bike has a good stainless steel pipe from exhaust port to a short bottle glasswool silencer .. the pipe is the same dia as that of a standard 350cc exhaust pipe..but recently i saw a guys diesel bullet and he had some kind of weird thing fitted to this exhaust system...the setup is like from exhaust port to a empty chamber and then to the silencer(don't know what kind of silencer but i am guessing a normal muffler type short bottle)...when i asked him about it he said that exhaust pressure when enters the empty chamber its pressure is reduced and then from their the gases pass on to the silencer to reduce the noise level and give a nice thump...when i researched the topic on google i found " exhaust chamber" "middle silencer" etc but i am unable to understand the concept could anyone help..???
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Re: enfield exhaust system help

Post by Diesel Dave »

I wouldn't worry about it, that chamber will do nothing to assist performance whatsoever.

Best exhaust will be a pipe internal diameter that matches the port exactly and as free flowing a silencer as local laws permit.

When you hear of something that sounds too good to be true - that's because it is. :D
Mahesh
Been here a while now..

Re: enfield exhaust system help

Post by Mahesh »

although i am very satisfied with the thump in my bike at the moment...earlier the setup was a free flowing exhaust to a no muffler short bottle...the noise it made at lower rpms was just Illegal..lolbut now the with the glasswool direct flow its all silenced..