Pete in South Oz

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

PeteBolt
I don't post much...

Pete in South Oz

Post by PeteBolt »

Good day Everyone

Pete here in Adelaide, South Australia. Found your site and forum yesterday whilst researching what others have done with fitting diesel engines to bikes.

I've got myself an old Lombardini type 530, which I am told is the same as their model 6LD360. Single cylinder, 359cc, 7.5Hp at 3600 RPM. Missing the fuel pump and injector, which were apparently shot, according to the previous owner who gave me the engine in return for a case of Cokes. I've priced the parts here and like everything else in the antipodes, they are seriously expensive, so I'm going to have to do some hunting on the net.

I'm eyeing a ratbag Honda CB750F2 at a nearby wreckers for the bike bits and have a small lathe, drill press, mig welder, etc. and access to a milling machine, so hopefully, should be able to pull it off.

I'm involved in the diesel quality game and have wanted a company branded bike with a diesel engine for some months now. Quite frankly, I had no idea how large the world of diesel bikes is and as such, am looking forward to participating here as I go forward with the build.

Thanks mods for welcoming me on board.

'll step back now and do some reading.

Regards

Pete
Attachments
DSCN2047.jpg
pietenpol2002
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Pete in South Oz

Post by pietenpol2002 »

Welcome to the circus Pete. Looks like you're going to be having some fun. Good luck tracking down those parts and indeed, working your way through the years of posts here will serve you well. Just remember to take your medication if you're going to embark on this adventure.
Ron
PeteBolt
I don't post much...

Re: Pete in South Oz

Post by PeteBolt »

Thanks Ron

Yeah, I've done a couple of restorations, but never done a build before, so I'm looking forward to it.

I fortunately don't need meds as my wife is soooo nice. She always lets me eat lots of the green & red tubular candies and makes me lovely jackets where the arms go around the back, with big leather straps......lol .

Pete