No Bulldog bash this year!

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Anorak_ian
I luv the smell of Diesel...

No Bulldog bash this year!

Post by Anorak_ian »

I kind of had the feeling last year, that it was to be no more.
I hope I was wrong.
But this year it is definitely off. :(
Last edited by Anorak_ian on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: No Bulldog bash this year!

Post by Stuart »

Yes, saw that on FB. I heard it was just a one year break? Time will tell I guess.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

This was anounced some months ago, what I read was the police who had wanted it shut down got the maximum amount limited to 10,000, bear in mind that when I went a few years ago Status Quo who were just one band charged £68,000, so you can see the numbers dont add up. So I dont think It will just be a 1 year break.
Sam
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

sbrumby wrote:This was anounced some months ago, what I read was the police who had wanted it shut down got the maximum amount limited to 10,000, bear in mind that when I went a few years ago Status Quo who were just one band charged £68,000, so you can see the numbers dont add up. So I dont think It will just be a 1 year break.
They should have had a Rock fight, a battle of amateur bands, winner takes a big crappy plastic trophy and a few quid, maybe half an hour in the adult tent and a hand shake. :lol: And at the other end of the site a music tent with a dj playing old rock numbers. Cash flow sorted. 10,000 bikers =£550,000
I don't think there were even 10,000 people there last year (every year less and less visitors), it was enjoyable though. Despite what obviously pissed a lot of people off, rising entry fees, crappy roads, and the music was not what could be considered biker music. Buster blood vessel for Christ sake, and Status Quo, do adults really listen to this.