1981 Suzuki Yanmar Clone Intercooled Turbo Diesel

On-going, finished, abandoned builds & questions galore..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Dieselmonkey89
I don't post much...

1981 Suzuki Yanmar Clone Intercooled Turbo Diesel

Post by Dieselmonkey89 »

Here are a few pics of my current diesel bike project. It started as a 1981 Suzuki GS750. I have installed a 10hp Yanmar clone with a rhb31 turbo charger and an intercooler from a Suzuki swift. I'm using a comet 40 series CVT and a final drive ratio of 3.5:1 If anyone has any specific question on parts of the build please feel free to ask.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
tappy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: 1981 Suzuki Yanmar Clone Intercooled Turbo Diesel

Post by tappy »

There's been a lot of discussion about turbo-charging singles on here recently, so my question is - have you tested the manifold pressure, power output and exhaust gas temperature yet?
Dieselmonkey89
I don't post much...

Post by Dieselmonkey89 »

Not yet, but before I run the bike I am planning on installing a boost pressure, egt, and oil pressure guage. If everything works properly, I'm planning on regulating the boost pressure to around 6 or 7 psi to keep from getting the exhaust temperatures from getting too high. I have not reduced the stock naturally aspirated compression ratio so I'm hoping that 6 or 7 psi of boost will not damage the engine or affect its longevity.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Dieselmonkey89 wrote:... If everything works properly, I'm planning on regulating the boost pressure to around 6 or 7 psi to keep from getting the exhaust temperatures from getting too high. I have not reduced the stock naturally aspirated compression ratio so I'm hoping that 6 or 7 psi of boost will not damage the engine or affect its longevity.
Here is some fodder for you to review about turbo the single cylinder.

In the Technical forum under The Exhaust Turbo Sub Forum you will find the below two threads to review

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2507

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2527
bf109v7

Post by bf109v7 »

Hi, I saw your videos on youtube. There it looks like your bike is running fine. So you did not have the problems posted in the exaust turbo sub forum. I am planning somthing similar. My Questions: No Problems with the turbo hanging only ith the 2 8mm Bolts? And are you pleased with comet 40 series CVT ore would you use the 50 series if you would do it again? I am usung a M.C. Kawasaki enginge with has acording to the Label 16HP and 558cc.
Alex
bf109v7

Post by bf109v7 »

Hi, I saw your videos on youtube. There it looks like your bike is running fine. So you did not have the problems posted in the exaust turbo sub forum. I am planning somthing similar. My Questions: No Problems with the turbo hanging only ith the 2 8mm Bolts? And are you pleased with comet 40 series CVT ore would you use the 50 series if you would do it again? I am usung a M.C. Kawasaki enginge with has acording to the Label 16HP and 558cc.
Alex