Interesting bike

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Interesting bike

Post by Stuart »

Petrol CVT bike concept bike. Looks different!
http://t.co/5flIDFXEg6
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
XLerate
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Interesting bike

Post by XLerate »

Sorry, I ain't buyin' into it! Don't mean to be insulting because I appreciate you posting it up for us, but...

What I see is a 1WD, 2 wheeled motorcycle with a large, inherently inbalanced single cylinder 750cc engine, with a basically inefficient CVT transmission driving through standard chain drive and swingarm suspension, equipped with ho-hum telescopic forks and real fat tires. Somebody needs to tell these guys that in this day and age, 750cc falls far short of any 'Humungous' description, by about 1,200cc! Matter of fact it's less than half the displacement of many very common touring bikes.

I don't really see the 'ATV' part except for fat tires? Been done already, a lot. Go anywhere capabilities? Nope, where's the 2WD? Mind-numbing torque and neck-snapping power? Where's the DIESEL? Super economy? Where's the DIESEL? Incredible reliability? Where's the DIESEL???? 50 PS out of 750cc is fair but common in this day of fuel injection, turbos, superchargers, 4 valves per cylinder etc.

To me the inherent slippage and power losses of a CVT would detract. I've ridden a CVT equipped ATV that was fairly similar, built years ago as the Tote Goat. Also single cylinder petrol thumper, constant velocity converter, also telescopic fork and also fat tires, really not impressive at all, simply handy for back woods running. Liked it, but it was designed around 1962, so this creation is hardly cutting edge and tearing up the rule book. Got to say that little Goat was fun, undeniable, but nothing to get delirious about, sorry.

gilburton

Post by gilburton »

Rokon did it years ago and the ecorider. Okay they are nor real road bikes.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yep reminded me of those bikes straight away & part of the reason for posting.
It should have been DIESEL! :-)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

except (unforutnately against logic) Both Rokon and EcoRider tried with Diesels and both miserably failed in the market place. If Im not mistaken........ it put EcoRider out of business. Your already aware of Track's history.