Draper Battery & Alternator Analyser

Wiring, Switches, Alternators, Regulators, etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Draper Battery & Alternator Analyser

Post by Stuart »

I picked this up for just under £10 at the weekend. I'm thinking for the cost, it's the kind of thing that could save a bit of figuring & be plumbed straight onto a bikes dash to provide some useful info, especially for the more sophisticated machines out there.
Draper Part/Stock number: 36584.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358984528.408400.jpg
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
gilburton
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Draper Battery & Alternator Analyser

Post by gilburton »

I have this fitted on mine very simple and works well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAMMATRONIX-1 ... 2c587692c9
However they have a newer version as well
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gammatronix-1 ... 2c69bf85df
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Good stuff. Didn't realise they came that small. I made a simple LED warning device for a 9v system a while back. Plenty of circuits out there if you look hard enough & cheap to construct.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
XLerate

Post by XLerate »

I suspect I'm techologically bipolar. On the one hand, "If it was good enough 50 years ago then by God it's good enough now!" and just love all that old classic stuff, 'cause I'm an old classic stuff myself.

On the other hand I'm just a push-over for high-tech gizmos, flashing lights, digital displays and cutting edge thingamajigs. It's probably a good thing that cash flow holds me back from going nuts fitting out my rigs with tricky little toys etc. but regardless, I love them!
gilburton

Post by gilburton »

I only fitted one because I have cvt and don't have a manual start.
I chose the simple mode of yellow(warning), green (charging/battery voltage good)
On start up the led is yellow but after a few seconds it goes to green. As we all know a diesel runs without electricity so the light stays green unless you have a charging failure.
My Robin engine doesn't appear to have a fitting for a pull starter however I think it has provision for a starting handle behind a blank on the camshaft cover. There is a pin at the bottom of a tube which I believe may be for engaging the handle.
I'll have to make a handle and give it a go :shock: