Topic Reply emails notifications

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

XLerate
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Topic Reply emails notifications

Post by XLerate »

Just a personal experience, but happy to receive a Diesel Bike Topic Reply Notification in my email this morning! That's something new for me, quit working long ago. What was even more strange, when I received them before at sundry times, I'd click on the hot link to View Message but got redirected to a Sign-In page! Software knew where I live, my name & email address, and that I was active in the thread, but from clicking the emailed link: NAAAAW, couldn't actually be me: Sign in, stranger!

This time I clicked the link and it went right to the page, and I was still signed in yipee!

We'll see how long it lasts, but thanks to whomever twisted the knobs and banged on the sides to make it work! :D
XLerate

Re: Topic Reply emails notifications

Post by XLerate »

Well, it was nice while it lasted! I received 2 more Topic Reply Notifications and clicked on the links in them to take me to the topic threads. Both times I was redirected as usual to the Sign In - Log-in page and had to identify myself and log in first, then find the threads.

Seems real strange because forum software identifies me, allows me to post, notes my post and subscribes me to thread, uses correct email address for me as a member and even sends me the emails. There's the hot link, sent by the same software, and sent only to me, 'XLerate'.

Then it stumbles on the first step and falls all the way into the cellar when I click for the thread: IDENTIFY YOURSELF!!!! 'Scuse me you fatheaded mindless twit software - YOU KNOW IT'S ME! Also I always have my settings at Allow First Party Cookies, and click Remember Me, but it just doesn't work!

No big deal, just a pain in the butt and wastes a lot of time and patience. Maybe it's God punishing me for saying terrible things about braying ignorant jackass, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal simple-minded besotted selfish bastard politicians? Naw...?
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

XLerate wrote:...No big deal, just a pain in the butt and wastes a lot of time and patience. Maybe it's God punishing me for saying terrible things about braying ignorant jackass, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal simple-minded besotted selfish bastard politicians? Naw...?
Saying things about who??? didn't really get that? Can you better describe these honerable hands in your pants pocket fellows? :mrgreen:
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

This kind of thing may improve as we upgrade the forum software over time. But it's a big job for a fairly slow moving forum so it won't happen every time a new software version becomes available.
We have to customise each version of the forum software before it's uploaded by writing extra security & now mobile access code to it so please excuse any niggling issues like this. ;-)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
XLerate

Post by XLerate »

Understood, buddy, thanks! It's not earth shaking, just a minor irritation so I'll hang in there till things get switched around. Thanks!
Rhynri

Post by Rhynri »

Yeah, I've had similar experience. By the way Stuart, if youneed any graphics or anything for the forum, I do that for work, and would be happy to assist you.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Rhynri wrote:Yeah, I've had similar experience. By the way Stuart, if youneed any graphics or anything for the forum, I do that for work, and would be happy to assist you.
Cheers for the offer. I will PM a small request if that's ok?
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Rhynri

Post by Rhynri »

Stuart wrote:Cheers for the offer. I will PM a small request if that's ok?
Already done! Just need a place to send it.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Cheers! Details sent!