JoggerFogger = Kevin in Portland, OR, USA

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

JoggerFogger
I'm pretty new here..

JoggerFogger = Kevin in Portland, OR, USA

Post by JoggerFogger »

My old diesel truck would beltch out black smoke going up the hill to my house. There would frequently be joggers out and they would be the victims of my diesel dust, and my friends dubbed my truck the JoggerFogger.
My current truck runs clean clean clean, but the nickname sticks.

I'm secretly hoping and assuming that diesel-moto creation will hold up it's heritage and puff a little smoke now and then.

I have a dream of a longitudinaly orientated 2-3 cyl, water-cooled, hopefully turbo charged small yet powerful diesel lump mated to a BMW transmission and chassis. I don't really know how I'm going to make it all work, but I'd like to see 2,000 rpm equal 60 mph (~100kph). My rough math says that a 20 inch (~50cm) diameter wheel needs to turn 1,009 rpm to hit that mark. That's pretty close to a 2:1 total ratio. I feel like that's the hardest hurdle in this whole quest of using existing motorcycle parts (available in the USA)

That's me, that's my general plan, and judging from past projects, I'll probably spend 2+ years learning and talking about it before I dive in.

Cheers!
-Kevin
Rhynri
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: JoggerFogger = Kevin in Portland, OR, USA

Post by Rhynri »

Welcome! I have a Great Uncle (in both senses of the term) who owns and operates a heritage museum up in Salem, so nice to see you here! Most definately not a bad idea to sit and soak up some of the wonderful knowledge floating around.
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: JoggerFogger = Kevin in Portland, OR, USA

Post by Stuart »

Welcome Kevin :-)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.