Another Dutch guy

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

espe
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Another Dutch guy

Post by espe »

Hello everybody. My name is Simon and I live in the nortwest part of Holland. I am a mechanical and electrical engineer in the robotics industry. So at the end of a working day I like nothing better than to go to my workshop and fondle around with old motorcycles and stationary engines. This as a sort of counterbalance for dealing with high-tech all day long.
I've restored several engines and motorbikes ground off. So no bolt was left unscrewed and everything got checked for wear and tear and replaced if neccessary. Last authumn I was considering a new project. This time it had to be something funny and not that precise. I looked around in the workshop and found a frame and some wheels from a IZH 56, a classic Russian 350cc two stroke motorbike. On top of a shelve I also located a Chinese dieselengine which was send to us many years ago for evaluation purposes. And so an idea was born. Not unique as it turned out, but up to that point I had never given dieselmotorbikes a second thought. To add to the challenge I swore not to use anything more than standard benchworker tools to realise the project.
Now, halfway into the project, the bug has infected me. I'm trying to gather as much knowledge as possible concerning diesel motorbikes. And doing so I discovered that there are a lot of kindered spirits out there. Therefore i decided to share the story of the creation of a DIZH (Diesel IZH) with you all on this forum. The thread wil be started shortly on another part of the forum.
I hope you people will forgive me the unavoidable faults in the English language, as I figure that its the story that counts.
Speak you all later, greets, Simon.
As long as it smokes, it runs!
DieselFly
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Another Dutch guy

Post by DieselFly »

Welcome Simon look forward to watching your build.

Sean
Finished and riding 1975
CB500t Turbo Punsun powered
hardtail.
silver fox
Been here a while now..

Post by silver fox »

Welcome Simon. Looking forward to seeing photos of the work in progress.
Tom
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum 8)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.