Throttle Linkage control help needed Winsun R2840

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

adamer
I'm pretty new here..

Throttle Linkage control help needed Winsun R2840

Post by adamer »

With my friends we are building diesel bike. Engine is V-Twin Winsun R2V840, base is Royal Enfield. We get stuck with our project due to problem witch throttle linkage control. Play is 1,5mm and has to be converted to 3 movements: choke, acceleration and stop function :cry:
I cant find anything about this on this forum.
Could you pleas let me know how did you solve this problem? Pictures, drawings are very welcome ;-)
Dougy
I luv the smell of Diesel...

throtttle control

Post by Dougy »

Hi Admer, I dont know if its exactly what your after but on my little diesel project which is in the build section here, I had to get my head around the throttle also, the engine I used was a 300cc Yanmar, when not running, the throttle position is far over on the left, when it's started up it moves to right and ticks over, and when it revs up it's pushed over to the left again and the top speed is regulated by a screw, screwing in limits the revs and screwing out maximises the revs. I used a bicycle brake component to use as a stop for the outer cable with the actual cable simply looping through the throttle and clamped up with a nut and bolt. My way is very basic but if you look at the Jawa thread in the build section he's looked at the problem with an engineers eye. Hope it helps abit and its what your after mate, heres a pic from my Harley Davidson diesel thread....
Dougy wrote:For anyone using a similar engine setup I've used one half of a aluminium bicycle brake arm to use as the throttle set up, Its allready fitted with a handy stop for the cable outer and generally looks made for the job. I'll post if it works OK ! I Intend to slow down a bit now and build it all up in the rough and test the bike with its new engine sprocket ( when it arrives :roll: ) if it works ok Its just money I need really but I'll cross that bridge when (if) I sort the transmission :)
IGNORE THE RATTLE AND ENJOY THE RIDE
adamer
I'm pretty new here..

Re: Hello from Poland.

Post by adamer »

Hi Dougy. Thank you for reply. My engine is Winsun R2V840. Lever look different. I’m in touch with this Dutch man who made project for Jawa, but no final answer so far. In my case problem is also with luck o space.
adamer
I'm pretty new here..

Post by adamer »

I’m doing something wrong trying post pictures ;-(
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

adamer wrote:I’m doing something wrong trying post pictures ;-(
Tried to fix it for ya but w/out right URL couldn't.

BTW using the [Upload Attachment] feature of this site is FAR FAR better than putting them on a pic hosting site. Improves the archive here making it better for future readers to learn from our archived material. This is a hugely important feature of technical discussion boards like this.

This Upload feature is found below the [Submit] button below any message creation page. It's a tab you can select next to [Options] Follow its menu's to attach pictures from your hard drive before submitting the message
adamer
I'm pretty new here..

Post by adamer »

Thanks to coachego I manage to add pictures :)
Attachments
v2-2-dzwignia.jpg
dzwignia diesel.jpg
Sphere

Re: Throttle Linkage control help needed Winsun R2840

Post by Sphere »

Dear Lord. Will that bike ever do anything but right hand corners? That block looks massive for an Enfield frame. Are you doing anything to strengthen the frame?
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
UAofE

Re: Throttle Linkage control help needed Winsun R2840

Post by UAofE »

Any update on this? I am going to have to work out throttle control for mine as well.
2006 Honda Rebel
Kubota OC95, Comet 44C/44D