Medical outcome, it's not good news

Talk about anything unrelated to Diesel Motorcycles - hard as that may be..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

andrewaust
Site Admin

Medical outcome, it's not good news

Post by andrewaust »

The 14th of June last year "2011" seen a rather straight forward medical procedure go awfully wrong which has changed my life, and not for the better.

It's extremely likely I'll soon be going into hospital for neurology and other stuff so I'll be quiet net wise for a while

A lot of stuff has been going on, the doctors now realise severe damage has been done somewhere in the nervous system, wouldn't even doubt the brain area that handles sensation as it seems I've lost sensation to the right arm, not knowing if there little instrument is sharp or blunt.

It should be next week when things starts to happen, I've been an emotional mess, 42 and maybe have permanent damage to the nervous system. Depending on the outcome will determine if I'll be around for a long time or short one, cannot keep living like this, so hopefully something can be done, and quickly.

Sorry I couldn't give you good news, but that's life sometimes.

I thought I'd post this up in case some members may be curious as to why I have gone quiet, I hope those I've helped out over the time I've been part of the administrator team has been useful, and God willing can continue to help you when I can, I have a huge battle on my hands and have no idea of the outcome.

Thank you all for the fellowship/friendships over the years also, it's been a pleasure being a part of the forum.

Kind Regards

Andrew Mc
penybryn
Been here a while now..

Re: Medical outcome, it's not good news

Post by penybryn »

My very best wishes for a positive outcome Andrew. I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear good news.
old clunker
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by old clunker »

Very sorry to hear the bad news Andrew. Let's hope it's a successful outcome in the end.
I'm sure that everyone on the forum has appreciated your advice and ideas over the years, and will be thinking about you, and hoping you will be all right.
There's nothing like the smell of burnt vegetable oil in the morning!!

1971 Royal Enfield diesel running on diesel/biofuel.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

penybryn wrote:My very best wishes for a positive outcome Andrew. I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear good news.
Hang in there mate 8)
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Lost sensation? Touch, heat and cold? or use of arm, hand? While lost of sensation is a royal PITA, work arounds can be found and life still be very successfull. Hell their pleny of people with out usefull arms at all that push along each day productively.

Have been around impared folk all my life. Go spend some time with folk that are impared; especially kids. You'll be amazed at all they can do and see much more into your future of what you "can do" will open for you as well IFFFFFFFFfff your willing to look at the "half full Cup" instead of the "half empty Cup" It's hard to find but get the movie "My Left Foot"

Met one kid with sever deformities from Spinabifada that could some how launch himself from a prone position on his stomach into a front flip action into a pool. He would laugh like hell at everyones marvel of him.

hang in there... lifes farrrrrrrrr from being over no matter the results.

PS- dont forget doctors have to give worse case scenario prognossis as priority to CTA (Cover their ass) in order to avoid legal problems in the more rare times worse case becomes more likely. And like allways, get more than one opinioun. Each OUTSIDE of the each physicians you visit, medical group
Dougy

Post by Dougy »

You've allways been very positive and encouraging with me mate on our lil diesel project, so I think your possitive outlook will help ya through this.
IGNORE THE RATTLE AND ENJOY THE RIDE
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Thank you for the well wishes etc guy's, it really means a lot to me.

Kind Regards

Andrew Mc
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

And you do have our best wishes Andrew. It has been a pleasure to have you a part of this board and I hope you check in as your able. Here's to your return to the saddle and do keep us posted.

Best Regards,
Ron
Ron
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

All the best wishes Andrew, hope it goes well for you.

Neil
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

Andrew - everything crossed for you, that you're on the road to recovery soon. All the best, Dan
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
mark_in_manchester

Post by mark_in_manchester »

Hey Andrew-

All the best. I'd echo what folks have said about good things still being possible. I met a German guy at a Jawa rally with an arm which was entirely withered / useless (from birth, I'd guess) - riding a Jawa outfit, and touring internationally, alone.

Though seeing hope and inspiration through someone's experience on a Jawa, might be a bit of a big ask... :D
XLerate

Post by XLerate »

Well, sir, I hadn't seen this! First off, and finally, I will be praying for you and there's a very good reason for that.

Some years ago I was injured in a chemical exposure. To say it changed my life is an extreme understatement. Doctors tested extensively and found I'd lost 50% of my intellect! In addition, due to the extreme toxicity of the exposure, literally dozens of other problems showed up. My diesel build will be a trike because balance is shot, and other problems require I carry oxygen. I lost feeling and sensation, memory gone, language skills shot out, vision problems, difficulty walking, standing, everything went bonkers. Doctors soberly informed me there was no hope of medical intervention to fix me. I'm now classified as 100% Disabled for life.

This just happens to be Easter morning as I write. I believe that gives me an extra bit of liberty to speak the following. The fact that it's Easter is very important to me. Maybe lots of guys here can't relate, or some may be somewhat offended but Truth is Truth: I prayed! I prayed continually day and night for years. I never stopped praying. In addition to praying, I BELIEVED!

What's that? Simple: I BELIEVED that if anybody could 'Fix' me it would be God, because doctors could not. I further believed that if anybody would WANT to fix me, it would be God. Afterall, He made me like I was in the beginning, so that's apparently the way He wanted me, right? I PRAYED AND BELIEVED!

He heard me and He answered! Today the doctors are quite speechless, entirely unable to explain. Sensations have returned, feelings have returned, balance is back [not 100%] and the brain has healed beyond description. Memory is greatly improved and almost every aspect of my life has improved. Walking is much, much better. Just a few years ago I stopped to look in a mirror but couldn't recognize the face! That's fixed. I could go on and on.

I happen to be a Christian on this fine Easter morning, and the first thing I did when I awoke this morning was to thank Jesus Christ for healing me. It was nobody else, and nobody else offered any hope. In Jesus I personally have a Living Hope and my God who loves me, who desires only the best things for me. I like that!

Am I healed completely? No, but the improvements are beyond amazement. I believe also in giving credit where credit is due! I'd be a liar if I didn't tell you this, and tell you all! You know I don't usually do this and that it's the first time I've even mentioned Jesus here. All of you also know these are some unusual circumstances presented by our friend Andrew and I'm sure you'll understand why I spoke up now, in this way.

Yes, I'll be praying for you, Andrew. Put your heart at ease... :)