new to this

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

diesel dick turpin
I'm pretty new here..

new to this

Post by diesel dick turpin »

hi my name is diesel dick turpin ,im currently converting a royal enfild to diesel
penybryn
Been here a while now..

Re: new to this

Post by penybryn »

Hi Diesel Dick - are you anywhere near Cardiff? I am currently building Enfield / Yanmar clone diesel and it would be good to share experiences.
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Hi D.D

Welcome, be sure to post piccies and if in need ask questions, lots of Enfield builds have been done by members here, so no probs getting advice.

A ;)
diesel dick turpin
I'm pretty new here..

Post by diesel dick turpin »

hi there and thaNKS FOR THE INTEREST TO MY NEW TO THIS POST sorry about the caps i hate computors,my enfield diesel build was completed in 2 weeks from start to finish ,i have covered 100 miles already,trouble free although i,am running the motor in,i have used sealed bearings in the standard enfield 4 speed box ,running on 20/50 oil,i have used the standard enfield primary case,with a 20mm thick spacer outer o.d 160mm,inner id 75mm sealed with rtv no leaks,my engine carriage ie made of a mixture of 5mm plate and 30x 10 flat bar,bolted to the gear box mounted to the frame via adapted standard enfield mounting brackets beefed up this project has cost £450 with the cost of the brand new suntom 10hp clone engine,photo,s are available via facebook page the west riding of yorkshire reoc,there are a few of my build pictures plus finished bike photos.