Comet torque converter parts

Clutches, Chain & Belt Drives

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

balboa_71
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Comet torque converter parts

Post by balboa_71 »

It's been a while since I've had to look into parts for my Comet torque converter. Below is a link to the place I bought my original parts from:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/GoMiniClutchTo ... d=shzkI7tP

I just pulled this link tonight after reading some older posts here on the forum concerning Comet going out of business. I'll call these folks tomorrow to see if their website is accurate and up to date. If this topic has been covered elsewhere here on the forum, I didn't see it, so my apologies in advance.

Without having a bike like an Enfield or Harley (non-unit construction), a torque converter is the only other choice. I've seen several shaft drive conversions, but mating a diesel industrial engine to a BMW or Moto Guzzi seems like a daunting task.

Cris
1980 GS850 converted to 10hp diesel clone power.
2006 Jetta TDI for road work.
2007 Bonneville
balboa_71
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Comet torque converter parts

Post by balboa_71 »

I contacted mfgsupply.com today and ordered a belt for my Comet 500 system. After asking them about Comet, their sales person reply was that they were still doing business with Comet. I couldn't pry any more info from them. If they do have the part you need in stock, they ship the same day. BTW, I'm not affiliated with mfgsupply.com in any manner :wink:

Cris
1980 GS850 converted to 10hp diesel clone power.
2006 Jetta TDI for road work.
2007 Bonneville