Wurth Dry Chain Lube

Clutches, Chain & Belt Drives

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Wurth Dry Chain Lube

Post by Stuart »

When I bought my new fangled motorcycle those nice people at Triumph recommended this chain lube. I must say I'd not seen it before but then I do miss stuff like that.
Anyway, it's pretty darn good leaving a lot less mess than most other stuff. Obviously, over time I'm starting the see a build up but on first application I couldn't even hardly see it. It's Wurth High Performance Dry Chain Lube (ebay #130293090114) and is basically a dry wax type coating that's really fine. Even when I sprayed some onto the swing arm by mistake I couldn't see it.
It creates a barrier without being that slippery. Nothing there to fling off :D

I even sprayed a bit onto a squeaky fan belt (van) the other day (it's a touch too tight) and the noise vanished.

Anyway, I just bought two more cans. Good chain lube I think :D
Sphere
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Wurth Dry Chain Lube

Post by Sphere »

Hopefully my Putoline chain wax will make me equally happy. I have a plan of desecrating my bike with a closed secondary chaincase, and I will stop at nothing... :twisted: not even Jawa parts
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Thanks for the thumbs up ! I'll have to look out for it over here, seen the name before. Remember the days of using that red chain lube that stained the heck out of anything it came into contact with - although I think they have improved the formula now.

At the moment I'm using cutterbar lube for the dirtbikes, the Enfield seems to lubricate itself .................... loll.

A ;)
IgorVigor
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by IgorVigor »

I'm just going to try Muc-off Dry PTFE Chain Lube...
And I was bought a can of their chain cleaner as well...

As it was free to me, I think its worth a go :P