Wanted Diesel Enfield

Bike and Parts, For Sale, Wanted, and For Trade.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

mamboman
I'm pretty new here..

Wanted Diesel Enfield

Post by mamboman »

Anybody have a diesel Enfield for sale in Australia? Preferably one that is already legally regsistered. Send me a PM...
andrewaust
Site Admin

Re: Wanted Diesel Enfield

Post by andrewaust »

The only hope of getting a Diesel bike already done here in OZ is by purchasing from the mob which advertises on Ebay "Export Connections", the only other option is to build one.

I knew the guy who brought the original Taurus Enfields into Australia, from memory only a dozen "if that" were imported and selling them was hard, 6hp and a top speed of 70khr on a good day didn't sit well here :).

As far as I know I'm the only guy here in OZ who has converted an Enfield to diesel power. In NSW it's a lot of work with red tape and a considerable burn to the hip pocket. Rule of thumb, purchase pre 96, don't cut the frame and call your state registry authority and try to find an engineer who knows his stuff, some are structural engineers and know nothing regarding diesel motive power.

A ;)
mamboman
I'm pretty new here..

Re: Wanted Diesel Enfield

Post by mamboman »

I wouldnt import one because of some previous bad experiences I have had with foreign cybersites and the import tax maze. Looks like Ill have to get one custom built, will cost a lot but at least I should get the bike I want.