priceparts inner primary conversion

Clutches, Chain & Belt Drives

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

arnaud
I luv the smell of Diesel...

priceparts inner primary conversion

Post by arnaud »

Hi, since my subframe needs re-development, i decided to go for a conversion to put the engine in the middle.
I understood that priceparts has (only) the inner primary with a supporting bearing.
After many mails i cannot understand what he's offering.
First i was told a roller bearing was fitted in the inner primary to support the longer mainshaft. but when i ask about the securing this, it seems that a separate housing is fit in the inner primary, (which is a bronze bush??) or a bronze bush with alloy housing/brg(?) is vfitted.
Despite my englisch lessons at school i cannot understand him.
Can anyone who has this conversion, tell me about the inner primary??
andrewaust
Site Admin

Re: priceparts inner primary conversion

Post by andrewaust »

Hey Arnaud

I'll tell you this week what it is, I've ordered one with a couple of input shafts after my shaft broke :( !

From what I know it's an aluminium housing and a bronze bush, but don't hold me to it yet.

Getting parts in Australia is B.S, so Henry was the next best bet, at least you get what you pay for, and rather quickly.

The Enfield has this last few months been successful keeping me flat broke :evil:

A ;)
arnaud

Post by arnaud »

yes.. the enfield en china diesel are fun because there not expensive.
My whole bike costed me 1100 euro.
To add 185 englisch pounds just to center the engine is sour..
as i cannot do anything constructive right now, i will think and ask about an other possibility.
The inner primary dictaes the place of the engine. The cranklk sprocket could be closer to the engine(so the engine more to the middle) but the shape of the inner primary prevents this.
Maybe the re-working of a tuarus cahincase is an option.
Also i am going to check for a possibility to get a gearbox shaft which is not too long(hence stronger) as the taurus shaft.
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

What are input shafts? And why don't you just get parts from ebay, royalspares has reasonable prices I was told. I'm about to use them for my gearbox parts, will let you know how it pans out.
andrewaust wrote:Getting parts in Australia is B.S, so Henry was the next best bet, at least you get what you pay for, and rather quickly.
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.