Track T800CDI review by MCN

Websites, Print Articles, Books, Video, etc

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

andrewaust
Site Admin

Re: Track T800CDI review by MCN

Post by andrewaust »

Gee MCN's review of the bike seems to me very anti Diesel :(. Without physically riding one I couldn't say to much, but gee that kind of report doesn't do anyone a favour, what about good points MCN?

Your review Stuart seems more on the money, guess the guy's from MCN may have been sniffing to much E85 ethanol :roll: :lol:

As stated I cannot say much as I have not viewed (physically) or ridden the bike. Looking at the bike I'd love to have a ride, well thought design and engineered. Maybe the exhaust could be routed up to the rear of the bike, where it is located may make it impossible to be registered in some countries, it wouldn't pass here in OZ with the exhaust like it is, that's the only thing I can find which could do with more thought.

A ;)
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

at one point I thought they said the Track was a dual wheel drive. Did I hear wrong or was that aspect in the final model dropped?
Erik EVA Products
I don't post much...

Post by Erik EVA Products »

Hallo Stuart,

thank you for your positive article, and i did not even pay you for that :shock: .

What i can see in your writing is that you have a better understanding of the total story. This is what went wrong with the Chris guy from MCN.
Turning up with his kneesliders and not keeping his promise to let me see the preview. We had a great laugh on his writing. Because we recieved a great number
of e-mails for ordering the Track T-800CDI and also positive replies on our product.

You have written how it is . That is good , because we encounter many "cut and paste" journalisme that tell "the" story without ever seen the bikes and talk to us. This lookes to me more a twilight zone thing :lol:

regards

Erik
Holland
When something new comes your way, and it's dieselpowered wouldn't you be interested.....
http://www.dieselmotorcycles.eu/
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Ok Erik,
I guess I had more time to reflect on it than he did, not having to write to a deadline and having an editor on my back :D Still, I think he missed the whole point of the bike (and the scene in general really - not that it was mentioned). It's a good job there are more monthly magazines out there than weekly motorcycle papers because it means that hopefully, most reviewers of your machine will have more time to contemplate the benefits of diesel ( :D ) over petrol ( :? ).
BSH have my picture set and I think Keith will do us proud with his magazine :D

Stuart
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Nice review Stuart. And good work Erik for putting your product out there.

N
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Trackrider
I don't post much...

Post by Trackrider »

Erik has put up some excerpts from an article Alan Cathcart has written on the Track (look for it in the News section on the Track homepage). It's looks to be a lot more positive than the MCN review and i can't wait to read the entire article. If one of you comes across the entire article please tell about it.
TedV

Post by TedV »

While picking up a Trail Tech Vapor for my CB250 last night I came across another review in what I thought was Cycle World. I stopped by the local bookstore and it wasn't cycle world. :?: I'll try to find out what mag it is tho. Not sure it is Alan Cathcart's or not. They did a rather nice review, even stated they went expecting to be disapointed but were suprised. Gave a more mater of fact review than personal preference review. It was close to closing time and I was reading in a hurry.

A few questions for Eric since he's on here.
In the article it stated price included something like 38% Dutch tax. If the bike is shipped oversea to the USA, does the tax still have to be payed? Most likely so I'd say, but I still have to ask.
Anyone in the USA getting one so we could take a look at it over here?

::edit:: It's in Cycle News and I still can't find a local book store with it.
Last edited by TedV on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

We have a special tax, that is called BPM (Tax on Cars and Motorcycles) and BTW (like your VAT/state tax(?) I guess). BPM is 20% if the vehicle has a listprice of over ~2000 euro. BTW is 19% (high tariff). Since BTW is applied to the price after BPM, it's roughly a 42% surcharge. I think this could be saved on the price if exporting to the US, but I'm sure Uncle Sam will charge the good people of America something extra.

As an added bonus we (in Holland) have a "slurp" (gas guzzler) tax. Let me illustrate what this does to car prices. In the US you can now buy an entry level 2009 Chevrolet Camaro V6 for low 20k. When the Dutch government is through, you can buy it at the dealer for over 70k EURO. Mind you, that the current exchange rate USD/Euro is >1.
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Sphere

Post by Sphere »

At least he finally has some dealerships. Maybe it will take off now.
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Sphere wrote:At least he finally has some dealerships. Maybe it will take off now.
Dealerships? outside info?? source? Did not see this in the article. Hope its true!!
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

One in Dorset UK and one in Canada apparently.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I heard there is one in Newcastle UK. Lets hope they make the rally in June :D
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

More coverage of the Track T800...
http://t.co/SJDGI9gm
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Sphere wrote:One in Dorset UK and one in Canada apparently.
Thank you. Little search found this

Flynn
SWM Adventure Motorsports Ltd
Track Diesel Motorcycles North America
(250) 870-1687

was happy that found this info on Adventure Riders - Dual sport Bike Forum
Sphere

Post by Sphere »