Hamm 2010 - 10th anniversary rally

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Dan J
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Hamm 2010 - 10th anniversary rally

Post by Dan J »

The date of the 2010 Hamm rally is now on Willy's website (http://www.brauhof-wilshaus.de/content. ... key=Events) and will not be a surprise to anyone familiar with the event - second weekend of September 2010, starting Thursday 9th.

I think this has the potential to be the biggest diesel bike event yet. I'm definitely planning to go - who else is?
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Hamm 2010 - 10th anniversary rally

Post by Stuart »

Pencil me in 8) The call is going out for all bike's to attend this one as it's the Tenth. They hope to have a selection of food from across Europe I'm told. I might have to send a crate of baked beans :D
Not surprised it's at Hamm again because it's a great venue. I can almost smell that coffee from here! Great stuff :!:

Stuart
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

I would really love to go but my wife has to work and can't get the time off, which means I can't get to the European biker week (Austria) either. :x It's so annoying, maybe she could go ill.

When does it end, Sunday 12th?
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yes, not too many bikes left come lunchtime Sunday. We looked out for you last year as I think you said you might be there. As you say, get the missus to throw a sicky, lol :D
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

For anyone contemplating using the Harwich - Hook of Holland ferry for the Hamm rally (and for any other trips to either Holland or Ireland with Stenaline for that matter) then the offer code A625 should net you 10% off :D
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

I've beat porky to the ground, held her down, attached nipple clamps and electrodes.
Guantanamo bay would be proud of me,
She finally gave in when I held some cake under her nose but wouldn't let her bite. :lol:

I'll be leaving at 6pm Thursday so I'll be looking for a campsite around 10pm half way to Dover.
Head off for Dover in the morning and Jump on a Norfolk line ferry, should be in France at midday and Hamm around 4 or 5pm :D
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Hamm 2010

Post by Diesel Dave »

I'm on the Thurs ferry from Harwich and returning on the Sunday night.

Dan (the Man) will be joining me on the Pricepart Enfield Yanma Clone (not some sort of spark ignited coveyance)

So we have about a month left before the event, so time to grease the chain, do the oil change, check the cables and otherwise get the bike in good fettle. Then there is the tent to dust down the airbed to pressure test and the tea making kit to fuel up and get in good fettle (pack your own tea bags though). Don't bother to pack food, either eat in the pub or visit Aldi's at the end of the road.
Dan J

Re: Hamm 2010

Post by Dan J »

I did seriously contemplate taking the Enfield however Stenaline seem to want to charge me a load of money for "administration" to change the reg of the bike I plan to take! The front of the bike is also in bits pending a disc brake change so unfortunately I'll be doing a "Henry Price" and travelling under petrol power this time round - no doubt to a sea of abuse (literally, given the ferry) both on the journey from Dave and on arrival from everyone else.

Good to know the food situation is easy in Hamm. I take it Willy does breakfast?

Also, I'm a bit concerned about actually finding the place. Bloody suspicious German government have unhelpfully not permitted Google Streetview which would've been remarkably helpful. Hopefully I'll still be with Dave at that point of the journey but any general tips on getting from the Autobahn to the site?

So who else is going?
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Re: Hamm 2010

Post by Diesel Dave »

Lat & Long are published on the poster - always have been since I asked for it the first time I went.

Your not getting away with it that easily - just tape the petrol number plate over the top for the crossing.

Besides it's never going ti run properly after I cut off the plug caps and throw them overboard.

DD
buckles

Post by buckles »

I really want to do this rally, almost got the outfit ready just some fine tuning( about a weeks work). looking at travelling mid week6th, 7th ish, and sailing from Hull - Holland. Back home mid week after the rally, if I dont see anyone en-rout, see you at the rally site. Andy.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Just merged the two topics on Hamm 2010 :D

Here's a shot of my direction sheet if that helps anyone :?: We'll be catching a ferry from Newhaven early Wednesday if anyone wants to join us :?: Probably be 7 or 8am'ish. Maybe you could camp locally to Newhaven? Let me know if you need help finding a campsite. Might be easier for me to locate one.
Our chosen route involves a night camping in France usually before making Hamm early evening the following day, Thursday.
Attachments
Directions
Directions
oldbmw

Post by oldbmw »

I am still intending to go. On my Electra x. I will be taking a rather circuitous route through places with odd names.
some places are just somewhere I would like to see. Basically just an excuse to put a few more miles on the clock :)
If all goes well I shall see something of the French Alps, Italian Alps and into Austria, Cut through a bit of southern Germany then into czeck and slovak republics before entering Poland. Returning home via Colditz and Hamm.

This is the intention, If it rains or the weather is bad i will chicken out :( and may go south wards or where ever the weather looks good. I am not that daft :)

Hope you all have a good time.

specially for Dave

Lean Burn Larry (97mpg)
Larry
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

oldbmw wrote:If it rains or the weather is bad i will chicken out :( and may go south wards or where ever the weather looks good.
No good, bad weather always goes southwards down to the brown valley. :D
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

It is with deep regret that I shall not be attending this years Hamm Rally.

Sadly I have a small medical operation scheduled for the 10th.

Have a few beers for me chaps.

You won't believe how much I spent on the ferry ticket too :oops:

See you all next time.
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

Real shame Dave - hope you can get stuff sorted out... Dan
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Thats unlucky Dave, though health comes first. Hope you get sorted and hopefully you can get a refund on the tix or sell em.

Neil
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Dave, that's a shame mate. I hope it's nothing serious. It's looking like I too may end up under the knife at some stage with my ear giving me problems. Thankfully this, if it is indeed necessary, will not be at the time of Hamm.
I suspect that others too may end up contemplating minor surgery after enduring the long ride to Germany on their Royal Enfields :!: :D
zarquon

Post by zarquon »

What Neil already said. Health comes first. See you next time, Dave.
Hopefully I'm able to travel again to england, next year.

regards

Rafael
arnaud

Post by arnaud »

I hope to be able to get there..
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Got our ferry tickets all booked up now. £66 return. Looking forward to the ride out 8)
Ferry leaves Newhaven at 9.30am Wed so Diepe by lunchtime. From then campsite at Peronne by evening. Should make Hamm Thursday afternoon all being good.
Zem

Post by Zem »

I'm still working on the Bike. Building Tank and exhaust at the moment! I hope that it will be ready soon enough. :roll:
--
May the Source be with you!
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

Yes I have a fair few things to do to my bike.
The gearbox had a nasty surprise for me, the ident jumped out of the alloy inner cover and the threads are all gone. How she changed gear at all is a mystery. I have a few modifications to do to the gearbox while I'm there. I'm sure it will get done in time. :D
I have decided to stop at the Travelodge in Billinghurst on Thursday night (I should get there by about midnight), and get a quick start Friday morning. All good fun. :)
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

Ian - the Travelodge? In Billingshurst? Shame on you for not stopping at the Bat & Ball and reliving the Big Knock all over again! :D

I'll be getting the overnight ferry from Harwich (anyone else? Sadly I don't think Dave will be making it this year so think I might be on my own) - will be arriving 7.45am in Holland so hopefully in Hamm around lunchtime. Look forward to catching up with you all there.
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

I did think about camping at the bat and ball, but then it's getting the kit out when it may be raining or wet ground. Then it's up at the crack of dawn, then kick dawn out and get up, lol. :lol:
Besides I may get some at the Travelodge. I wonder what the receptionist is like. :)
oldbmw

Post by oldbmw »

I start off tomorrow (tuesday morning)...

Hope it all holds together
Larry
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

I'll try to make it depending on how our travel prep and visas go....

N
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Good luck to all those who are setting off for Hamm. I am not going as its too far for the time of year. I have tried before to get them to change the timing of the rally but failed. I would love to go but it would have to be combined with a trip around Europe at a more friendly time of year. I am sure Willy is only too pleased at the time of the rally as everybody is in the pub by 7:30 drinking his weak beer. So for all who are going do your best to get them to change their minds on the date.
Sam
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

Pretty sour there Sam? Ah well, you'll make it sometime I'm sure.
'92 Enfield + Hatz 1B40: street legal, weld up stainless exhaust, check engine rpm and change final drive sprocket.
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Not sour at all just sensible, if the Engish rally was in September how many do you think would turn up.
Sam
buckles

Post by buckles »

Ferrys booked :D , leaving Hull next weds night then heading up towards Arnhem for thurs night and aim to be in Hamm sometime on friday. Still have a few bits to finish off, I hope to do them tomorrow and head upto stormin the castle rally as a trial run for next week :D. See you at Hamm, Andy. :lol: