Uttoxeter 2010

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

sbrumby
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Uttoxeter 2010

Post by sbrumby »

The VJMC have written to me saying we can have the same plot as last time , center marquee. I am pretty sure the dates are July 2nd friday afternoon setup and rally 3rd & 4th. So I know its hard to think that far ahead in these cold short days, but I would just like to get a feel for the numbers. We could even make it a second rally point if you wanted to go but did not want to display.
Just a note for those who havent been, largest classic bike club gathering in UK, absolutely central in UK. Food and drink onsite, and TESCO, McDonallds,KFC,ALDI. all walking distance, but if we can persuade Dave to do his chef bit again food wont be a problem. Bands booked for friday & sat evening. Cost zero if you are displaying, but even if not there should be enough tickets to go around. To date 69 clubs booked in 650 bikes booked with 7 months to go.
Sam
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Re: Uttoxeter 2010

Post by Diesel Dave »

Count me in Sam, and will do the BBQ. :D
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Thanks for the reply Dave I thought everybody was hibernateing. Now being as the days are getting longer we are able to think of better times, although it aint easy as I dont even want to drive at the moment let alone ride. If I can muster up the enthusiasm I may charge the batteries on the bikes soon.
Sam
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

I've been hiding from the cold and snow.

Today was the first chance I've had to work on the Tiger since the alternator packed up and the gearchange linkage fell off.

All fixed now (apart from a bit of wiring - no 30 amp cable to hand) but I got mighty cold in the process.

The missus and myself did make to to Southend on Sluggy yesterday for a bike club breakfast, the first outing we have had for a while.

Keep the faith
Dave
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I'll try and make it Sam but can't confirm anything yet. I had a word with my brother today to see whether he'd be interested in the weekend as well. We'll let you know.
Took the Trumpet up to Box Hill yesterday for a few hours and again today with Jeff on the recently serviced XL. It needed new fork seals for an MOT which it mow has :D
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

The VJMC have sent me the application form. Can all interested parties please reply within the next month so I can apply for the tickets ( which are free if you are displaying ) infact you get 2 tickets per bike entered, so we can make it a big gathering if we get enough bikes. So if you are thinking of comeing and can persuade another diesel to come the better.
Sam
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Ok Sam, send me two tickets. Not sure if my brother can make it on his (vintage) XL600, he'll probably come in his van maybe (if he can.)
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Thanks for the reply Stu. Can you persuade any more diesels to come? I was rather hopeing to make it bigger than last year.
I will ask Steve and Tom but as of yet not made contact.
Sam
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Ok Sam,
I will see what I can do there. I am about to start sending a few letters out about the rally and it makes sense to include Uttix details I think. This bloody Outlook doesn't allow me to 'spam' mail out to everyone though. Maybe I could be excused for using the multimail facility within the forum for some of the mail shots :D

Stuart
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Completely underwhelmed by the responce, so far just two, Stu & Dave, I will give it another week then I think I will call it a day, as it stands my bikes would be 2/5ths of the display.
Sam
Dan J

Post by Dan J »

Not a lack of interest on my part Sam - I'm on holiday over that weekend this year. Pencilled in for 2011 though.
1990 Honda NTV600 Revere
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Got all the tickets now , lots of them so no problem if you want to bring anybody else. We are in the railway marquee this year (RM4) this is carpeted so should be posh. Unless you think otherwise I wont bother posting the tickets, I will be there midday friday so just phone me and I will come and get you.
Sam
sidecarkevin
I don't post much...

Post by sidecarkevin »

Ok Sam will ring when I get there. Should def be there by around 8.30 on friday eve tho probably earlier. Look forward to it.

Cheers
Kevin
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Ok Sam. Not sure when I'll be there as yet but might be later Friday.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Don't forget there'll be a presence at this event come the weekend. If anyone else fancies it drop me a line and I'm sure we can squeeze you into the show tent free of charge curtesy of Sam :D

Last years event: http://www.dieselbike.net/Uttoxeter09/Uttoxeter09.htm
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

It's been a good event, bigger than last year and some real characters here 8)
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

Just got back home - fantastic weekend and the sun shone both days.

Thanks for organising Sam and take good care of the club BBQ bucket.

Dave
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yes, I second that. Cheers Sam for organising a good weekend. Lovely weather and lots of bikes to view and stuff to buy :D
Attachments
Our Stand featuring 6 Diesel Bikes
Our Stand featuring 6 Diesel Bikes