insurance

Insurance & Registration issues etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

gilburton
I luv the smell of Diesel...

insurance

Post by gilburton »

can anyone tell me if you have had any problems obtaining insurance when your bike has been converted?I am planning a conversion myself and wondered which companies to approach? :?
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

I found Footman James to be ok.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I had problems initially. They wanted a certificate of road worthiness (MOT) despite the fact that the bike was new and we only need them after they are 3 years old. Went the Carol Nash route in the end but I'm told that is a little pricy compared to most. I should look around a bit more and may do this year. But I like their euro breakdown cover - handy when I go to Hamm Rally each year.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
richard coles
Been here a while now..

insurance

Post by richard coles »

hi, i went the Carol Nash route I found them very helpful . The insurance advisor was initially unsure if i was able to have a classic type insurance, she was also unsure of the engine and had to seek advice ,this involved a call back . My bike is a 1980 GSX (Suzuki) conversion . I did get classic insurance and a reasonable quote .
All I will say is the more an insurance company or companies deal with our conversions the easier it becomes for everyone involved .
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

From memory I was paying about £190 TPFT. with Carrol Nash limited mileage for two bikes. I pay about £120 fully comp with European breakdown cover & agreed values on both bikes, with Footman James for this I had to join the VJMC (vintage japanese motorcycle club) £25 for first year then £20. For this you get 4 magasines per year.