US Military V-Twin Diesel Motorcycle

Websites, Print Articles, Books, Video, etc

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

pietenpol2002
I luv the smell of Diesel...

US Military V-Twin Diesel Motorcycle

Post by pietenpol2002 »

Don't get excited - it's only in the research and development stages (somebody having fun spending my tax dollars). I'd love to have a look at it but I'm too cheap to buy the article. Doesn't appear to have any affiliation with HDT. I do find it interesting that the company developing this engine is the motherland of the V-Twin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2004-32-0055
Ron
coachgeo

Re: US Military V-Twin Diesel Motorcycle

Post by coachgeo »

2004 date..... hmmmm that is likely the company that is supposed to have designed the engine for the dieselized KLR that HDT is suppose to do. Think the two companies are actually next door to each other.
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Yes I think you might be right coachgeo ;), what a waste of time money and effort that project was. If that succeeded I'd guess they would have had an absolute gold mine on there hands, so damn secretive they were and from what I heard their public relations to interested parties kinda sucked :shock: !!

A ;)
pietenpol2002

Post by pietenpol2002 »

Perhaps Locomotive Breath can speak to this, but company in this paper is based in Wisconsin and developing a V-twin whereas HDT is in the southwest/California somewhere and "developing" a single.
Ron