Bikes on the road

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

buckles
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Bikes on the road

Post by buckles »

Got the v5c back from dvla last week so my bikes now on the road :D , still loads of tinkering to do but here's a short vid in the snow on sunday of this week(21st) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6JqdHrmzgw
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Bikes on the road

Post by Stuart »

Looking good Buckles :D And it sounded great :!: Much more military like with an exhaust note like that don't you think :?: :D
Do try and make the rally this year if possible. Be nice to see everyone and their bike's at least once 8)

Stuart
andrewaust
Site Admin

Post by andrewaust »

Nice machine Buckles, sounds the part too !! Not the kind of conditions for high speed fun, didn't look like much traction which could be cause of a whole lot of low speed sliding :).

Great job !

A ;)
lardy1
Been here a while now..

Post by lardy1 »

looking and sounding great m8.
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Tidy job there. Sidecar really seems like the proper job for the snow too!

N
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
Anorak_ian

Post by Anorak_ian »

Nice one. :D
buckles

Post by buckles »

Thanks chaps, Thanks for the comments. I am dead chuffed so far still loads of fine tuning to do but overall its fantastic, went out on a dual carriageway and got up to about 50 MPH no problems it pulls like a train! the clutch slips but that's cos the plate is knackered so have got one from motor works that I will fit this week, got to sort to out the rear sidecar mount its a bit low cocked up the rear brake mount but that's been put right and I have to sort the linkage for the sidecar brake, so its off into the garage again :D
buckles

Post by buckles »

Stuart wrote:Looking good Buckles :D And it sounded great :!: Much more military like with an exhaust note like that don't you think :?: :D
Do try and make the rally this year if possible. Be nice to see everyone and their bike's at least once 8)

Stuart
Hi Stuart, Went to last years rally but on a BMW yes a petrol one, only because I didn't know any better, camped near whiskers and only stayed for the Friday night as I had arranged to go to the perverts in leather rally on the saturday. What a riot that is, if anybody gets the chance go, its fantastic :D. Hopefully this year I'll be at HAMM, cheers, Andy.