DIY wiring.

Wiring, Switches, Alternators, Regulators, etc..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

buckles
I luv the smell of Diesel...

DIY wiring.

Post by buckles »

I set about wiring my outfit this week something I wanted to do :P , and be good at :lol: , a bit like photography, an stuff like that, but when it comes to the crunch I'm shite at it :cry: . So I thought, for an easy life why not let a professional do it and get on with something else. I looked on yell.com found six or so local auto electricians and not one would ave a go :shock: oh no we don't touch bike's :shock: . So I got my head into the ural wiring diagram, I had intended to use the original loom and extend and adapt it as needed but it was rotten, most of the colours had faded and all the copper was corroded. Before I started work on the loom I mounted the ignition switch, light switches, start and glow-plug relays, warning lights, battery, fuse board and fuse able link. Then using the ural wiring diagram set about joining everything up, I made good progress too, most of the components are wired up, its only took me all week :shock:, got a few things to finish off tomorrow and then test it all out, I suppose that's the big test of my ability and patients :roll: .
Attachments
uralbuild 017.jpg
buckles

Re: DIY wiring.

Post by buckles »

I just hope I can understand this mess :twisted: .... Thanks to johnfireball and mark in manchester for all the advice on wiring the glow-plugs :D
Attachments
uralbuild 015.jpg
uralbuild 013.jpg
Crazymanneil
Site Admin

Post by Crazymanneil »

Good on you. Its always good to do this stuff yourself. Bit shocking no autosparks would touch it :!: another string to your bow though :mrgreen:
Smart engined 800cc turbo diesel triumph tiger. 100mpg (imp)
Belfast to Kathmandu overland, 2010/2011 - http://www.suckindiesel.com
Bangkok to Sydney ???
buckles

Post by buckles »

Crikey, I have been in the garage all day again today but have to say I'm dead chuffed, everything works! :D . Got stuck in early this mornin finished the loom, wired up the headlight, speedo, sidelights, horn, sidecar lights, the stater turns over and I have power to the glow-plugs :D (all fuses intact). Fitting the new alternator was the most time consuming but its on and wired so is the ignition light. I have just been to the filling station for a gallon of diesel so tomorrow I will have the engine running, can't wait :P time for a beer methinks. :lol: