jeremy's (Re)Introduction

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

jeremy
Been here a while now..

jeremy's (Re)Introduction

Post by jeremy »

Hello all-- Jeremy here from coastal California with a note of reintroduction. I got my learner's permit in 1973 at the irresponsible age of 15 1/2 and promptly put together an old Honda 350 cafe racer. I was an early rice-rocketeer and somehow survived the experience by luck alone, though at the time recognizing my similarity to Toad (of Wind in the Willows) and his passion for speed. Now I just want to get to work on a fine looking ride at 100+ mpg. I am still hopelessly stuck on the 1960's british clubman aesthetic, so that's what I'm building.

I will take too long to finish my bike due to the constraints of self-employment and not having "married up" financially; however I will not abandon this effort either, and will enjoy reading of all your varied approaches to this stimulating design/build challenge until (and after) then. The project somehow has come to represent my freedom and creativity during a stage that includes less of either than I've been used to. Thanks for the inspiration.
"It's amazing how long things take when you're not working on them..." (unknown)
--Building small, lightweight Clubman-style bike, based on 1972 Husquvarna/Hatz 1B30/Comet 500CVT--
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: jeremy's (Re)Introduction

Post by Stuart »

Welcome back Jeremy 8)
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.