Doing stuff with air...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

LoWang
I'm pretty new here..

trouble finding an exhaust

Post by LoWang »

Hi there, i just made a dieselbike.

i put the motor on silent blok.

Now I need to find an exhaust for cheap, I don't know what to use, actually I cannot weld so its not easy...

The exhaust has to be short so it can follow the motor vibration OR there must be a moving part on the exhaust that can act as a silent block for the exhaust.

I hope you understand what i mean.

thanks.
Last edited by Stuart on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammer and spelling adjusted to make it more understandable
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: trouble finding an exhaust

Post by coachgeo »

what did you use for silent block for engine mount?

Granted answering that would be a new topic so would you please start a thread on this.
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

There are one or two places in the UK where you can take your bike and they will make you a pipe there and then. You don't say where you are so can't help more than that. Those kind of companies usually advertise in papers like the OBM (Old Bike Mart).
Try a visit to the local scrap man and ask to have a look at his Stainless Steel. You may well find something usable there 8)
http://www.oldbikemart.co.uk/
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Post by Diesel Dave »

If you need a flexible section then try a boat chandlers.

They have the same problems that you do, a resilient mounted motor and a fixed exit port in the side of the boat.

Sam and I have found various sections of bent pipe for sale at the Stafford bike shows, one of which seemed to match Sam's needs as it of was purpose made. I know he was also used some swimming pool hand rails from the scrapyard too.

Cheers
Dave
LoWang
I'm pretty new here..

Post by LoWang »

I used this:
http://www.bio-clic.com/image/huile-veg ... etoure.jpg

because i cannot make a rigid enought frame, so i decide to play the other way: silent bloc.
there are new problem with the motor moving (primary chain, exhaust) but it give really nice knock now i feel like to ride a very long time on the bike.