New Chinese "Factory Made" Diesel Bike?

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

smokyjoe
I luv the smell of Diesel...

New Chinese "Factory Made" Diesel Bike?

Post by smokyjoe »

Hey Y'all!

While searching on eBay I came across a couple advertisement cards for a bike made by a Chinese Diesel engine company- Is it a Diesel bike or just a bike made by a maker of Diesel engines? I dunno- can't read Chinese (dumb non-multilingual Yank here!) Looks interesting!

I shrunk the URL, hope it links.......

http://tinyurl.com/7ehbt2

do a search of eBay for the other card (slightly different)

Happy riding! (for those in a decent climate) and for the rest of us let's all hope for nice weather
lex
Been here a while now..

China factory diesel?

Post by lex »

Hey there,
Hmmmmm, look closely, I can see an HT lead going to the cylinder head. This bike looks very much like a 'virago' type cruiser to me. This could be one of those market testers that the Chinese do from time to time - I could be wrong, it'd be nice to see an 'out of the box' diesel bike being produced on a large scale somewhere!

Lex
smokyjoe

Post by smokyjoe »

Hi Lex,

Well, you burst my bubble, I didn't notice the HT wire. I guess it's a marketing ploy to sell bikes saying they are built by a diesel engine factory! (diesel="will last forever"?)

By the way, in the course of my job I work with people from China from time to time. A couple of weeks ago some visitors commented that the Chinese wages have increased drastically, and there is starting to be wide scale unemployment for the first time in decades. Many workers who moved to the big industrial cities are moving back to the rural areas being unable to find work. This may put the cost of the Chinese engines higher than they are presently.

Take care
TimppaX

Post by TimppaX »

local news have told abuot abut that people getting back to ther homes since not enough work to do

Does some one understand chinese? Their english- button doesn´t work

http://www.hnd.com.cn/

Also the only english page I found is something gibberish to me:
http://henan.ccpit.org/shangpinku/jixie ... efault.htm
that should do it
Curtis in Texas

Post by Curtis in Texas »

Odd, I read it as saying that this is the sale of a Post Card with the picture of a Chinese Motorcycle being sold by a Chinese Diesel Engine Manufaturing Company.

Talk about confusing and misleading.

Curtis on Texas
It only cost a little more to go first class,
You just can't stay as long...
Cockney Bob

China

Post by Cockney Bob »

The credit crunch is worldwide with massive implications for all. I know that in America you do not get much international news and what you do get is highly censored.
The Chinese Employment situation is quite simple they made all those christmas toys you and I did not buy this year. Over here in the UK sales are down on average about 3% on last year . The Pound is now worth 40% less than a year ago savings are useless as you can not get any interestand if you do get any the tax makes it worthless.
Many people have lost their money in the Madoff scam and other Bank failures.
Houses are falling in value like a stone.
So no buying from China means millions dont work and in China no work no food.
The result of this will be more economic migration from third world countries to first world countries . More stress on all economies and a long deep dark recession that may only be broken by a war or some natural disaster.
Bob
It is not in the arrival brightly planned. But in the Dreams Men Dream along the way we find the Golden road to Samarkand.
Cockney Bob

Chinese

Post by Cockney Bob »

By the way what they are saying is that they have been given the right to supply in the five year plan a host of items including large diesel engines and seven types of petrol engined motorcycles in the ranges of 50 cc up to 250 cc from a licence obtained from a japanese company . No light weight Diesel Bike I am afraid.
Bob
It is not in the arrival brightly planned. But in the Dreams Men Dream along the way we find the Golden road to Samarkand.
smokyjoe

Post by smokyjoe »

Hi Cockney Bob!

Thanks for the translation, I guess we'll have to wait some more for that inexpensive factory diesel bike.

Man, your assessment of the world economy sounds so bleak! (I hear that word and say it myself all too often)

With the weather we've been having I ought to forget about the diesel bike and start working on a diesel snowmobile! Expecting another snowstorm tomorrow.
Cockney Bob

Global warming

Post by Cockney Bob »

Yes what happened to Global warming.
I hear that Canada has had the earliest Coldest Winter in years so far.
That North America has snow weeks before expected. Over hear we have had the Coldest December for Twenty years with Minus ten in many places and a gust of wind in Scotland of nearly 200 miles per hour.
It is at the moment a little warmer but now we have incessant rain and a high wind that makes it more miserable than before.
I went out yesterday on My Diesel Enfield to an auto jumble held about 40 miles from my home.
Whilst there were some good bargains there were not a lot of people in attendance the slowest I have seen it for Five years. People are scared to spend.
My Brother who works at Fords has been put on short time.The first time this has happened since the 70s when we had a three day week.
Keep warm wait for the spring and keep riding Diesel and alternative fuel bikes have got to come.
Bob
smokyjoe

Post by smokyjoe »

Not to give up on diesel bikes and veggie fuels yet. Many people here in the US have started to slack off on the "big" veggie fuel craze we had with $4.00 per gallon gasoline, now that petrol is $1.70 per gallon (just went up 10 cents) and Diesel is a dollar more.

The prices of older VW Diesels and Mercedes Diesels have come down as there is no longer a demand. I have a Diesel VW Jetta that I am resurrecting (ran on veggie, but blew a head gasket 3 years ago quite spectacularly on the highway). I drive 31 miles each way to work one job and 22 miles each to my "second" job so with money getting tight driving with alternative fuels looks promising still.

My plan is to get the Diesel bike running this Spring along with the VW, and use the bike in good weather. I bought a Honda 50cc scooter last summer. The first summer I put over 3,000 miles on it (to the dealer's surprise) but only 800 miles this last summer due to lousy weather.

Yes, I'm a fair weather rider, I'll admit I'm a woos. The traffic is too crazy around here to mix it up with wet roads (although you Brits have plenty or both I'm sure!). The Diesel will replace the little Honda and hopefully give me something a little faster that I can carry more stuff on going to work, while still getting 100 MPG (hopefully).
Cockney Bob

diesel

Post by Cockney Bob »

We have the same problem Diesel is 15% dearer than petrol and it is not much advantage when you consider a new Diesel car is 20% dearer to buy.
Like you I bought a Honda 90 Cub as it does 160 MPG remember the British Gallon is larger than the US.
It runs and runs I bought it for £200 and Needed a new tyre so it is very Economical. I also avoid the really bad days going by car or Public transport if needed.
The Small Petrol engines are now probably cheaper to run than Diesel so the price of second hand diesels is dropping it might go in reverse but it is a hard call.
My Diesel Enfield only goes out on Club or show days but it does need more exercise as it is still very tight.
Bob
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Diesel Bike Commuting

Post by Diesel Dave »

I probably do more miles than most folks commuting by bike and I've done some cost comparisons between the petrol and diesel bikes.

If we are looking for a comparable Petrol bike then it would be the Honda Innova or similar, 125cc step through with EFI and 170mpg potential and 60+ mph speeds.

The diesel Enfield does 180-200 mpg and about 55 top whack these days.

Given the price differential between petrol and diesel in the UK there's little to choose between them on fuel costs alone and a new Honda is available simply by walking into the nearest dealership.

The Honda also comes with a very usefull rear chain enclosure and unit construction with gear primary and autoclutch so on paper it's very cheap to maintain with single lubricant needs.

The Enfield needs differing oils for the engine, primary and gearbox, has an exposed chain then gets EP80 dripped onto it making a complete mess of the rear end.

The difference comes in longevity, now I know that Hondas last a long time and I have a C90 from 1972, BUT there is no way one is going to be able to complete the 20,000 miles plus that I do annually for more than a few years.

The Honda's also not exactly a relaxing ride at 50mph either, whereas I can pin the regulator wide open all day long on the diesel. The old adage of 'road presence' also springs to mind but it's more to do with weight and stability as you are going to be overtaken a lot and you want the bike to remain stable in the resulting buffeting that follows.

Essentially what I'm saying is that you can get the economic advantages of a diesebike by choosing a new petrol motor, even the 350 classic Bullet is capable of more than 100mpg and the new EFI should be a lot better.

The advantages for me are the absolute dependebility of the diesel stationary engine, by eliminating the electrical witchcraft you eliminate 60% of the causes of a breakdown. A slow reving engine has inherently less stress and wear too.

Dependability has a cost and it's usually weight and specific power output and this is why our stationary engines make such little power for their capacities and weigh so much. Motorcycle demands have traditionally been for a high specific output and light weight hence love affair with the 2 stroke petrol engine.

Motorcycles over about 125cc are not chosen for their economy since the cheap car killed off the sidecar market and with it went the solid dependable heavyweight singles that were used to power them, 500- 600cc side valves or sloper ohv models all fel by the wayside after the mid 1950's.

BTW I do know a guy in work who commutes over 130 miles EACH WAY by motorcycle daily, he changes bikes annually and recently downgraded from a Hyabusa to a 1200s Bandit. He admits it would be far cheaper to use the train in fuel costs alone!
Cockney Bob

tigger

Post by Cockney Bob »

Does this mean you now have the beast in the Country and are about to spring it upon the unsuspecting Souls of Essex.
However I doubt you will get 160 MPG out of that Beastie.
Hope it goes well and be careful where you leave it there are jealous eyes every where
bob
Cockney Bob

Road Presence

Post by Cockney Bob »

In any case Dave you and I are going to have Road presence on any bike even a C90. High Vis Jacket and large Bones. It would take quite a buffeting to Knock us off.
Bob :lol: :lol: :evil:
dieselbikin

Post by dieselbikin »

Hello All,
My bike is more than practical way to save money on fuel. I’ll probably never recover the cost of my build. An old motorcycle is small, simple, and cheap, so I can be very creative and uninhibited on a small budget. I enjoy the building, daydreaming, and socializing with other builders as much as riding or saving money on fuel. I justify my time and expense by the contribution my research makes to others, but why does everything have to be practical anyway? If we get down to brass tacks, most of what we buy and do are not necessary to survival in its most primal form.
As far as “Global Warming” is concerned, I say same hysteria, different generation. I have a World Book Encyclopedia Science Year from 1974. It has a long article about Global Warming that is obviously dead wrong since none of its dire predictions have come to pass. Remember Peak Oil Theory, it’s there too. Global cooling was soon to follow. Sound familiar? There is at least as much evidence and as many actual meteorologists and climatologists that say man made Global Warming is not supported by existing evidence. Have you ever noticed how few “scientists” that support Global Warming actually specialize in Climatology? What baffles me is why is it so hard to believe that things such solar flares or slight changes in the revolution of the Earth can affect temperature. Or even, gasp, natural climate cycles! I find it harder to believe the Sun’s temperature and Earth’s revolution can’t fluctuate. Can you give me another example of a complex system in nature that never changes? Notice that Global Warming became climate change when temperatures dropped and now Global Cooling is the latest fear.
I think most Global Warming supporters well intentioned. Some people just need a cause or purpose. Some just want to belong. Global Warming kind of reminds me of a modern nature religion. For governments fear is power. Notice all of the taxation schemes attached to Global Warming with no real solution being financed with the new funds. Governments take the money and consume in much the same way as taxpayers. No net gain there. Also, scientists are humans capable of agendas and needing research money. They need to get hired and keep jobs like anyone else. Follow the money.
I thing the biggest proponent of Global Warming is a misleading and one-sided media. I fear people don’t give enough consideration to the fact that “news”, like all information, is biased, based on incomplete information, and quite frankly entertainment. Let’s face it; the media are a collection of for profit businesses. The higher the viewership of the outlet, the more it can charge for advertising slots. No story, no money. People like dirty laundry, chaos, and falling skies. If the customer is not happy he will find a better vendor. Hysteria sells.
1980 Suzuki 550
10 HP Yanclone
94C Comet
Cockney Bob

Global Climate Fluctuations

Post by Cockney Bob »

Bottom line is there are too many people.
Government as you say is aided and abetted by the media their job to keep us all scared so the government can govern but most people dont care they live each day oblivious to the world even if you tell them they dont want to climb out of their lethargy.
Just keep on doing what floats your boat it will all come to an end one day in any case.
How can this government UK be taken seriously about climate change when it encourages a new airport and more travel in gas guzzling planes to places best left undiscovered.
An Obituary printed in the London Times........ Interesting and sadly rather true

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who
has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was,
since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He
will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the
worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense liv ed by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend
more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children,
are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy
charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended
from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for
reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the
job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly
children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental
consent to administer sun lotion or an A spirin to a student; but could
not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an
abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses;
and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in
her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by
his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son,Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is T o Blame
I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do
nothing.
Bob
stonemonkey
Been here a while now..

Cockney Bobs litany

Post by stonemonkey »

I would just like to say that Cockney Bobs speech is spot on. As a male teacher I fully understand some of those woes. Whilst I agree in spirit with our more liberal minded peers about certain issues, I cant escape the feeling that the free love and peace message of the sixties has somehow been perverted. Liberalism is the new fascism almost. You WILL love everybody, you WILL be a better person, you WILL feel guilty (if your a white male), you WILL question authority, just NEVER question US.

....................How did we get from Chinese bikes to here?
Cockney Bob

Chinese Bike to Here

Post by Cockney Bob »

As Mao said the March of a Thousand miles begins with the first step.
Bob
stormcoat
Been here a while now..

China clones etc

Post by stormcoat »

Cockney Bob may well have shared my experience of reading Ben Elton's "Blind Faith" in which he describes a post deluge London (over) populated with weak minded shallow followers of the "new faith" and the struggle of one individual to restore common sense and plain decency. For those who have not, I can recommend it as a great read, very funny, acutely observed and disturbingly prophetic.
Whilst we may be straying from the original purpose of our website, I think that we are all, in our own way, swimming against the tide of materialism and fulfilling a common purpose in demonstrating how we can enjoy ourselves without using more than our share of the next generation's resources.

Stormcoat.
smokyjoe

Post by smokyjoe »

Being a hippie refugee from the '60s I agree that somewhere along the line the whole message got screwed up. I still believe in the ideals of my youth, to live in peace with freedom, help others, and not waste our resources. But somehow I've stayed in one place and not changed my views but find that I'm now somewhere on the opposite side of the fence from where the "Age of Aquarius" has supposedly taken the governments of the US, Britain, and Europe.

Oh well. The one thing that has changed with me over the last 40 years is that back then I had hope that the ideals I believed in would come to be.

If you think that you have freedom, better think again!

Talk about being off topic........