British DieselBike Rally 2008

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

I went to the Bat & Ball last night to meet our first rally goer. Peter arrived from Germany about 7.40pm. He has set up in the first field and will probably go to the Ace Cafe today (thur).
I'll be on site later today, firstly setting up the tent and then bringing the two diesel bikes I have over.
Weathers looking up 8) (fingers crossed).
Dan J
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Diesel bike rally

Post by Dan J »

I'm a soon to be diesel bike owner so will be travelling down to the Bat & Ball on Saturday for the day in something rather less efficient. Look forward to meeting people there and also doing it properly next year!
Diesel Graham
Been here a while now..

Post by Diesel Graham »

Stuart wrote:I went to the Bat & Ball last night to meet our first rally goer. Peter arrived from Germany about 7.40pm. He has set up in the first field and will probably go to the Ace Cafe today (thur).
I'll be on site later today, firstly setting up the tent and then bringing the two diesel bikes I have over.
Weathers looking up 8) (fingers crossed).
I have found somewhere that sells tow bars for the enfield so I may tow the other bike down aswell for next year.
For now though, all my efforts will be needed to get one bike down for this years rally!
Enfield Taurus Greaves - running well now!
Lohmann 18cc - undergoing restoration
Fiddler
Site Admin

Post by Fiddler »

Hi Graham,

Dont know what time you were thinking of troddling over. Im planning on leaving Oxford around midday, ride for an hour or so, stop for lunch or until I can feel my fingers again then heading on.
If this fits in with you and you fancy riding together give us a call on 07968 344126. Or anyone else coming roughly this way.

Cheers, Mark
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

Graham, a tow bar for the enfield is one thing, but unless yours is a sidecar outfit you can only tow 150kg or 2/3rds of the kirbside weight and only 1m wide.
Sam
Diesel Graham
Been here a while now..

Post by Diesel Graham »

Fiddler,

I was planning on leaving here at midday as I still have things to pack, bits to screw on the bike etc. So I will be a couple of hours behind you.
Maybe I will overtake you somewhere on the way :D .

Sbrumby,

I read up about trailers on the F2 website. I think my needs are well within the limitations. I will have to see if I can make a custom trailer within those limits to pull my penny farthing or the little diesel bike.
Enfield Taurus Greaves - running well now!
Lohmann 18cc - undergoing restoration
Diesel Dave
Site Admin

Damn Good Event - It Was!

Post by Diesel Dave »

Home safe and sound after a brilliant weekend at the Bat & Ball.

It was good to meet up with new faces and renew friendships amongst the Diesel Bike community.

Nice new bikes to look at and admire the engineering genius that went into their creation.

Thanks to everyone who rode to the event and for taking the p**** for us arriving in the camper van with the bike on the trailer.

As ever, lots of kudos to the german lads and Lassies for making the long continental trip, loaded up with camping gear and through monsoon conditions.

So a big thanks to the organisers and I'll see y'all next year (unless we see each other at Hamm).

Cheers for a bit,
Dave
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Yep, that's it guys. All done and dusted for another year :!: All eye's to :arrow: Hamm now :D
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Nice to spend a bit of time there on Saturday evening. Good turn out of bikes. Pity I could not send more time there or take my bike... I never knew that they checked tyre tread depth for the MOT :oops:

Always nice to meet a few fellow diesel freaks

Might finally make it on the bike next year....
Enfield Bullet with Hatz IB30
See my sites for veg oil fuel info
www.vegburner.co.uk
www.wiki.obed.org.uk - Open Biofuel Engine Development wiki