Yamaha Based Kubota Diesel Bike

Bike and Parts, For Sale, Wanted, and For Trade.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

pietenpol2002
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Yamaha Based Kubota Diesel Bike

Post by pietenpol2002 »

I believe this bike is located near Elizabeth, Illinois. Which is very close to where I grew up. And when you examine the work completed to date, it would seem to confirm my wife's long-held belief that I was raised in a region populated by an inordinate number of village idiots (her words). Harsh, but difficult to refute (after all, I was a teenage before I knew that our neighbor Dynamite Eddy's first name wasn't Dynamite. And your assumptions regarding the origins of the name are likely quite accurate).
Might make a nice project if you took the engine and built a different bike around it.

https://dubuque.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cu ... 40466.html

For the sake of the archives, here's the text and pic.

I have a diesel motorcycle I'd be willing to sell or possibly trade for another motorcycle. Its kinda rough/work in progress, obviously its a custom project bc i dont kno of any company that produces any diesel bikes. It has a kubota D902 for an engine, engine runs perfect. I kno the engine alone is worth $3000. Txt and ask for pics (more work has been completed since this pic was taken) if interested, if you think you might have a trade, try me. Worst thing i can say is no.
Elixabeth Diesel Bike.jpg
Ron
coachgeo

Re: Yamaha Based Kubota Diesel Bike

Post by coachgeo »

is that a shaft drive bike?
pietenpol2002

Re: Yamaha Based Kubota Diesel Bike

Post by pietenpol2002 »

-
coachgeo wrote:is that a shaft drive bike?

Well, the XS750 was originally. I've got one in the barn. He's obviously converted to chain final drive. But, I see not evidence of a primary drive connecting engine to gearbox. Also, looks to have a couple more Kubotas on skids in the background.

-
Ron