Webasto Diesel Heaters

For all topics relating to Diesel motorcycles.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Webasto Diesel Heaters

Post by Stuart »

Had a pretty cold winter here in the U.K. and the subject of Webasto diesel heaters came up down the pub.

I know absolutely nothing about these things except what was noted down below so if you know anything then feel free to add it here!

I was advised that the desired items were as follows:

Citroen Webasto 5kw are the best. You Don’t want the air Top but you Do want Thermo Top c or z

Get water & fuel pumps. Water pumps sometimes integral.

Stuart
GuzziJohnO
Been here a while now..

Re: Webasto Diesel Heaters

Post by GuzziJohnO »

I got one years ago for my diesel Land Rover, and love it. Works fine on biodiesel, as long as it isn't so cold as to gel. Otherwise works fine on pump diesel down to -6f, the coldest I've tried it. Mine has the integral water pump and is amazingly small and quiet. Only takes about 10 minutes to pre-warm the engine, but a second battery is recommended, isolated from the starter battery. I don't have the automatic timer.
Cheers,
John
sbrumby
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by sbrumby »

Just as a matter of interest all Mk1 merc vito were fitted with a aux water heater and the vans only lasted a few years as they rusted like crazy, so I am betting the whole van can be picked up for next to nothing and the heater will have had next to no use.
Sam
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Cheers John & Sam. I need to find out more about where and how the things are installed and used. Are they suitable for heating a small workshop? I shall ask more questions up the pub :D
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by coachgeo »

no pretty sure it wont heat a small shop. Assuming the cause compared to volume of a van, truck cab etc... there is just to much cubic. feet in small shop for these to work for that.