YanClone Stuck Injector

Getting the pumbing right for your Diesel fuel feed..

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

YanClone Stuck Injector

Post by coachgeo »

Any suggestions on getting out stuck injector. Want to clean it.

Thinking on blowing it free with compression by putting the top holder plate back on loosely and turning engine over? So far this method of compression removal is not recommended from what I've read "only" cause one could shoot their Injector into never never land or have it hit the ground and break it. Other's have said they do it that way often. Won't be an issue with Yanmar cover over it....... don't think?

Searched and can't find an injector remover for single cylinder Yanmar/Clones.

Won't be till next weekend. Open to ideas.
pietenpol2002

Re: YanClone Stuck Injector

Post by pietenpol2002 »

-
I kind of like the idea of popping it with compression. And with the plate only loosened, it can't go too far. But, short of buying a task specific (and expensive) injector removal tool, you're left with cobbling together your own. I'd go the crows foot and slide hammer route.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8in-dr ... ockType=G6

http://www.runonbeer.com/puller.html
-
Ron
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

Suggestion got on a KLR board was put a pillow above the injector and use compression. Thanks for Crowfoot and slide hammer idea
sbrumby

Post by sbrumby »

If your engine is a yanclone it should have a rubber plug in the valve cover, my suggestion would be to get the engine on induction stroke and add some oil to the rubber plug hole this will allow oil into the cylinder. much easier to exert pressure with liquid than air, still keep the hold down plate in place but with some give.
Sam
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

sbrumby wrote:If your engine is a yanclone it should have a rubber plug in the valve cover, my suggestion would be to get the engine on induction stroke and add some oil to the rubber plug hole this will allow oil into the cylinder. much easier to exert pressure with liquid than air, still keep the hold down plate in place but with some give.
Yup I have that. Thanks. If regular compression does not do it.. will try that. Sounds like it would be a good place to fill the cylinder with something to try to help de-carbon the piston and rings some before reinstalling the injector. Granted must turn her over some to kick all the cleaner out before reinstalling the injector.
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

well it's been a week.

.Removed tank from bike:
. Installed rope pull (mine was broke. Was a PITA more on that later)
. reinstalled the holding plate that goes across top of injector with 1/4" play between it and top of injector. Put a tiny piece of styrofoam between as a bumper in case it SHOT outward with any force.

On to the game.....
. pulled rope.... notta, she appears not to budge.
. spun 12v starter... non notta... grrr
. put long pry bar under the big slug on the injector between it and engine. non... notta. WAIT.... pop...
. out she comes.

She'sss dirty could clean it... and will for a spare... but for 40ish bucks can get new one on Ebay so ..... did that. New one on order.

Had to take it out to verify which one to get cause there are two different orientations on the injector overflow and Injector pressure line and reading ads it was clear getting the right one was important. Was not quite sure what the clear ordering hints were till I had mine in my hand. Was more obvious the arrangment of the ports. There is also a rare one with injector line coming in at top vertically. This one ended up taking Fuel Injector (Part No.7013000) 3&7/8 inch long with 150 degrees between two ports. A 90degree don't think would work. Return line would have clearance issues with Head.
PryInjectorCrp.jpg
Pry pic.... like you could not imagine what this looked like with out a pic..... lol oh well. here is one anyway.
Injector in a bottle.jpg
Jar pic..... 2.50$ worth of carb cleaner. Maybe Half a can sprayed into glass jar that once was morning fuel (coffee). This amount covered everything in the cleaner just fine. The good stuff only sold by the Gal. at around $30$
When disassembled things there was two small pins that locate things along with a few small parts. NO SPRINGS. There are three holes where pins where.. at first thought a pin was missing then saw the third hole is a bit smaller so don't think so. Anyway. this one being kept as spare. There is a breakdown in the generic Yanmar manual linked to here on this board in another one of the threads of mine. Can use it to rebuild the injector

Pry Pic