Kubota Z482 enduro

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

vwaudiwelder
I don't post much...

Kubota Z482 enduro

Post by vwaudiwelder »

Hello all. I have been a long time reader of this amazing website and have finally built my first (of hopefully many) diesel motorcycles. I still must powdercoat all the fabbed steel parts. I also need to see about getting this bike to somehow reach 70mph. So far I have only achieved 52 mph with the CVT I am using in its highest ratio. I am considering a 5 speed but really want to maximize the use of this first since I have invested all the time and funds in a number of extra belts. If a 5 speed will indeed be that much more efficient in the long run due to less friction/heat loss I really should go in that direction. In the interest of reaching my target top speed if any of you have some ideas on what I can do to the injection pump or governor that would be appreciated. I have already adjusted the fuel screw but that has only created more smoke. I do have on hand a VZ21 turbo but I would like to see what is possible first with just minor NA mods. I have posted a photo diary of my DIESEL (nainenkikan/internal combustion engine in Japanese) on my FB page: Jefferson Bello. I hope you like it. I positively love all your 2 wheeled creations. Thank you all for the inspiration.
Attachments
2015-09-24 09.10.08.jpg
"These are the days you'll remember...." Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs.
coachgeo
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Kubota Z482 enduro

Post by coachgeo »

Start a thread in the CVT forum about yours. What model Primary and Secondary drive you have, your settings, RPM's etc.
UAofE

Post by UAofE »

VZ21 is too big for such a small engine. The turbo will be right on the surge line; the turbo will have a very short life and the engine will be very inefficient.
600cc engine size is minimum to turbocharge with VZ21/RHB31, KP31 or GT0632 as smallest turbos currently on the market. Above 4000ft (1200m) 800cc engine is minimum.
2006 Honda Rebel
Kubota OC95, Comet 44C/44D
coachgeo

Post by coachgeo »

vwaudiwelder wrote:.... I have posted a photo diary of my DIESEL (nainenkikan/internal combustion engine in Japanese) on my FB page: Jefferson Bello. I hope you like it. ....
There are a lot of Jefferson Bello's on facebook. Can you please provide a link to the right one