Hi from Andover hampshire

Where members can post their photos, interests, and other personal information.

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

muppet
I don't post much...

Hi from Andover hampshire

Post by muppet »

Hi every one . I am fascinated by the thought of a diesel bike. I have found this forum after a brief search on google. I would love to build or convert a Bike to diesel. I currently ride a Honda cub and have a GPZ 550 in boxes in my garage. I am of course wondering if the GPZ would make a suitable donor for a diesel bike. Some of you may know me from the honda 90 forum. Thank you for letting me join this forum I am looking forward to reading all your good posts and learning frm them.
Muppet.
gilburton
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Hi from Andover hampshire

Post by gilburton »

Welcome.
A lot depends on what engine you are fitting and transmission.
If you have access to cutting/welding/grinding equipment nothing is impossible. I fitted a single cylinder engine and CVT to an MZ but that is an open frame.
All I can suggest is you go over the posts on this site and decide if you want a single cylinder or twin/triple. Then decide manual trans or CVT. The cvt takes up less room but not everyone likes them.
You can then start to decide if all that lot will fit in to your frame after you have done a few measurements.
There is plenty of advice on these forums and plenty of pics and on the web to give you ideas.
The GPZ will be ok but I suspect you will have to fabricate down tubes/bottom rails so you can either look for an engine that will fit or buy an engine then get a suitable bike.
Whatever you decide expect many hours in a shed/garage over the winter lol
Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Welcome! You may well know Diesel Dave then as he is on the C90 forum.
Yes, good advice on building a bike from gilburton. You have lots to read through for sure.
Stuart. M1030M1, Honda NC700S, Grom!, Toyota Corolla 1.4 Turbo Diesel. Favouring MPG over MPH.
gilburton
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Post by gilburton »

Spent many an evening unloading washing machines at the small local Hotpoint/Indesit distribution depot on the Walworth estate :lol:
muppet
I don't post much...

Post by muppet »

gilburton wrote:Spent many an evening unloading washing machines at the small local Hotpoint/Indesit distribution depot on the Walworth estate :lol:
Well I am blowed I live with in a mile of Walworth.I worked at stagecoach south who have depot there and always walked to work. If your down this way again let me know the kettle works well in my house,

Thanks for the advice I think I will be reading this forum lots before I decide on what to do BUT I must have a diesel bike. Some time soon. I could run it on the spilt fuel at our bus depot.

I am not a great engineer but have several rolls of gaffer tape and 6 different size hammers in my tool box.

Muppet