Dragon rally.

Talk about riding, events, meets, rally's, etc...

Moderators: Dan J, Diesel Dave, Crazymanneil, Stuart

buckles
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Dragon rally.

Post by buckles »

Who's off to the dragon this weekend, me an some mates are going won't be on the daihatsu tho :cry: still have loads of work to do on it.
TedV
I luv the smell of Diesel...

Re: Dragon rally.

Post by TedV »

Since you are in England, something says you are not talking about this Dragon in the US http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

11 miles with 318 curves. It's kind of over rated since too many people clog up the road along with a 30mph speedlimit patroled by officers of the law at times
Redkite
Been here a while now..

Re: Dragon rally.

Post by Redkite »

Its February, its cold, so it must be time for the Dragon rally in North Wales again.
Its location usually changes each year, this time a (very scenic) sewage farm nr Capel Curig. This was my first rally on diesel power, and around a 330 mile round trip from the Midlands, taking in Caernarfon and Conwy.
Charging problems on the way were sorted with the help of a fireblade-owning garage ramp engineer in his van who identified a lack of 12v at the alternator excitor wire, also big thanks to the bikers from Derby for the push. No other issues luckily.
After a total soaking the last 2 years, combined with gale-force winds last year, it was a nice change to see some sunshine and clear skies – it did mean sub-zero night time temps, but camping was sorted with 2 sleeping bags.
I saw a green Enfield diesel outfit on the way nr Betws, who I'm sure is known to many forum watchers, and I compared notes with Manchester-based Adam on his nicely engineered Kubota-Guzzi. He follows the Dieselbike forum, and also attends the Dent rally in May with other forum members.
Lots of interest in the bike and a great weekend for just 17 quids-worth of diesel!
Attachments
IMAG1843a.jpg